How the hell do these people think they can get away with calling this distillate?!

Uploading: FD8F77CC-4AB8-4B48-9FAA-3D2397565AF9.png… Uploading: 2F302D48-275C-47A5-9157-F8E8AAE10588.png… Uploading: 844CB2F5-5728-44FA-9AAF-F0EA0C43185C.png…

Not gonna name names but this is claimed to be distillate by a processor in my area and I am being asked to fix it because apparently they can’t.

This has been labeled CBD distillate and I have to know if anyone has seen anything like this before or am I dealing with a brand new undiscovered species of stupid?

I haven’t put hands on the stuff yet but we are running tests on it to attempt to diagnose.

Any ideas on remediation? Isolate with pentane?

1 Like

that looks like crystallized crude…

3 Likes

Is it crystallized because it’s super high cbd content? Did they literally spike crude with isolate and tell them “its distillate” ?

3 Likes

Yeah hard to tell what that is but I can’t see how that came from a first pass.

That being said, there are a couple of ways to go with this. First, you might be able to get away with simply redistilling. But it might be worth rewinterizing too. How’s the smell? Does it smell like first pass? It might be better to discuss on the phone. I’ve run crystalized crude before too but it shouldn’t look like that after a first pass.

Once I have this in had and tests done I’ll be posting on this thread with more data and anyone who helps me is gonna get some serious brownie points and maybe even some pot brownies.

1 Like

if it tests ~>80% just hot pentane redissolve/slow cool crash

if less, dewax/crc or redistil

2 Likes

I’ll DM my number to you. The test results should be helpful though.
Is this THC or Hemp CBD?

Hemp cbd

2 Likes

I’d want to see and smell it before making any sure suggestions, but from the pics you’ve uploaded it kinda looks fatty. Might not be a bad idea to try getting it cold, even without cutting it with a solvent and seeing what happens.

Did they say how it was extracted?

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Alright- we need this stuff processed fast so the farmer can get a dryer ordered from China locked down - looking to take it to an established lab in Colorado who can turn 113L of co2 crude to distillate and finish this 39l of weird black crystal stuff labeled distillate into something that is.

4 Likes

That is too bad.
That is not distillate in any world.
How did they get them out of short path or wipe film i wonder.
It doesn’t look it will flow in flask
:slight_smile: