How much would you charge?

Hey everybody, I’ve got a customer that wants me to dilute from crude and bottle 500, 1000mg/1oz droppers with mct. I don’t have any special equipment. I suppose I’ll need to buy an electronic pippettor and an 8 gallon or so mixing pot. Anyway, how much would you charge for a job like that?
I’m also custom designing and printing labels on my home pc and printer. Not counting supplies at all, how much would you charge for the labor on 500 of those? Any advice on what a reasonable, competitive pricing might be I would appreciate. Thanks

its kind of an odd job doesnt sound too hard but also not super easy

Designing and stickering 500 bottles
then mixing and filling?

Idk Id say between 25 and 50 per hour?

I was thinking $100 to design a label and at least $1 a bottle. But I probably need 2$ per to make 50/hr. Is that reasonable? Also, what do you think of this thing?

I only charged 600 to extract 20 lbs, making a kilo of 58%. Took 18 hrs. Customer supplied his own solvents. It doesn’t seem right I would charge more to bottle the shit, probably selling myself short, yeah?

2 Likes

I am not too sure how well it would work with 1oz bottles but I used to make a 2oz medicated energy shot and we used a 5 gallon sports cooler to dispense the liquid

I guess I shouldn’t worry about measuring it, just fill the bottle. Good idea, I think I have one in the garage. I’ve got a separatory funnel, maybe I’ll try that with a tube and clamp or something

1 Like

Now, how to cut labels quicker… We had a wasp programmable label printer at the lab I worked. Those are too pricey for me now.

1 Like

Cool man, do they have something that’ll feed through my regular office printer? I thought you had to have one with a little scanner inside that lines up the margins. That’s what I used before

Are those sports coolers HDPE?

That filler is the bomb dude! We got one for $90 on Amazon and it is sweet. Wish I could provide more input on what to charge but we’re still trying to price that out as well. Where you at in Carolinas?

1 Like

Hi

I have a filler like this and it does the job, I’m sure you will find many uses for it.
To clean it after filling, I just run isoprop through it.

To mix the crude into the MCT, a homogenizer will be best although I’ve been using a hotplate stirrer which does the job.

Price is something you’ll have to decide on. Although I can tell you that bottling and filling that many bottles can be a pain without the right (basic) equipment. I would go with a cost per bottle rather than an hourly rate. As a customer I would also prefer to pay per bottle.

1 Like

Middlesex NC is where my lab is and I live in Oxford NC. For less than a pippettor it’s probably worth it.

1 Like

It’s going to be 5 gallons and I’d like to mix it in one batch. Hotplate isn’t big enough. I’m thinking a very large s steel pot with a power drill mixer. My homogenizer is only good for 1L at a time.

1 Like

Ok that should work. Warm up a small amount of mct with the crude, get that thoroughly mixed then add the rest of the mct. I’m sure you’ve done more complicated things :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m still learning every step I go. I appreciate the free advice, I would not have made nearly the progress I have without this site. I’ve been at it for about 6 months and I just sent my first highly refined batch off for testing today. I’m hoping to make vapable oil, but I’m worried the THC will be too high. I’ll know in about 5 days. I don’t have spd yet. Is anybody making vapable cbd oil without distillation or chromatography and keeping THC levels compliant? How do you do it?

2 Likes