How much would you charge for this consulting job?

Small :spoon: small $
Big :spoon: $$
Ladle $$$
Fire hose $$$$$

13 Likes

6 months ago pretty much had the same level of knowledge around as now
? So that statements a little bizarre.

Either way for a 15,000 Job for just 150 pounds per shift is absurd. We are doing a 2000 kilo per shift job now for 15,000$ including 3 days on site training including everything you just mentioned.

If you were so positive about what you were charging you wouldn’t be here. 150 pounds per shift is a tiny scale.

You should probably be half that for such a small build. If that

Well as I mentioned twice now, it’s now a 1000 lbs max extraction capacity facility per shift. Really wouldn’t be hard for them to scale it up 4X when they have the money so I don’t see how you think it’s worth less than what you did for your recent lab other than these guys don’t want to dump more money in it for the time being, otherwise I would’ve built it much larger. And when it’s done I’ll probably spend more than 3 days training them because as I mentioned, they don’t know how to use any of it at this point.

And yes, a lot of people didn’t know how to do this back then that do now. How is that even debatable? The hemp rush hit hard this year and a ton of labs had to learn t removal just to sell their disti

Lots of strangeness in here, like with @Siosis, he thinks 4-6k is a fair charge for everything you stated in your first post? His replies lead me to believe he doesn’t comprehend what you are asking, nor the project. Don’t know about your locale and economy, but with a project of that scope, 5-10k would be my retainer before a single billable hour.

And don’t believe for a second your potential client doesn’t believe they can get you cheap. If 15k is all the capital they wanna spend up front, get an attorney to write a contract, you get .05 per gram extracted output for 12 months, paid quartely, with quarterly audits by your cpa with their cpa. If they are serious, a few pennys skimmed per gram shouldn’t be too difficult a pill to swallow. Good luck.

8 Likes

Good Lordy what do you charge? 15k retainer before starting? People out here be way over confident or something. But hey if you can get someone to buy you a new Lambo per consult by all means ain’t gonna hate on the hustle

No, that’s not too much.
Not by a long shot.
They’ll make that back a thousand times over from the prefab lab with instructions , and SOP, goddamn skipping any trial and error.
Yes it’s worth it
To be able to remediate the THC is an invaluable sop

2 Likes

and you would charge 4-6k to teach a company how to ethanol extract, how to make isolate, how to make distillate, how to remediate thc, how to crc, write their SOPs, along with designing, procuring equipment, and be available throughout the build out of the lab? I’ll pay you 15k as a subcontractor to do all that, it would allow me to be with my kids full time, travel without care, build a new house, and line up more clients for me to sub you out on so I can continue to be with my kids full time, travel without care, build another new house, and line up more clients for me to sub you out on so I can be with my kids full time, travel without care, build another new new house, and line up more clients for me to sub you out on

4 Likes

First and foremost, thanks again everybody for their input.

I agree fully that 15k was fair before this post and even on the cheap side. One reason I knew it was worth it for them right off the bat is the industry connections I’ve built over the last 6 years. I was able to get them ultralow freezers under warranty for $8000 less than retail value and another $6000 on their evaporation unit. I also got them a discount on their distillation gear but it only came out to about $1000. I happened to know a guy moving his lab across the state who was looking to move his c1d2 booth and got $5000 cheaper than retail value. That said, I saved them more money than I charged total before I even stepped foot in the lab. I feel like most people would’ve pocketed that extra cash and chalked it up to being paid for their connections. I didn’t.

It’s also going to take a lot more than three days to train and probably more than 2 days to set everything up. I’ve been to countless meetings, phone calls and face to face conversations. When I train them, I’m not going to show them how to run it once and walk away. That would be highly irresponsible of me considering, again, they have no extraction experience. I’m going to dedicate at least 3 days of training and probably an additional 3-5 days overseeing operations to make sure they get it right and I know that there will still be phone calls down the road because things happen. I’m not buying a lambo for 15k lol

That being said @Sativasfied if you ever need someone to sub out those contracts for you, I’ll do it for 15 any day! Lol

2 Likes

It’s a pre written out SOP for all of that
 the equipment procurement takes like 3 days if that of calling and doing calculations.

This is for hemp so there’s no CRC for my side.

But everything else is pre existing SOPs and pre existing builds. All that changes is the scale. It’s all Very simple no matter how hard ya try to make it sound.

So if they Wana be dumb and need me there all the time and call me daily sure they could rack up a huge bill. But I’d they Arnt idiots like the usual amount of people that have atleast some background in this or chemistry then nah they shouldn’t need to put down a 15k retainer and then continue to rack up massive bills.

The most time consuming part is the onsight training. Which costs like 2 grand a day or so. Then it comes down to how stupid they are. But ya y’all are gouging people.

Different ways to do business. You do you brother

Happily sub for 15k a day. As it would take maybe a week to set it all up. If that. Then onsight training. Your charging crazy amounts of money, interesting you can still get contracts at those rates. People must not know many consultants, or you got one hell of a pitch

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

250,000$ for any major consulting.
If someone has money and has no clue how to process?! Lmao then why are they here?

Best part is what happens next. How does that story go again about the farmer that just planted hemp? Ya why isn’t he a processor? Why isn’t that farm able to formulate products? Why can’t they create a brand?
On and on it goes.
People that think they are smart and know everything are literally the most ignorant.
More you know, more you realize how much more you can learn.
What you gonna do when solvents get obsoleted?
Lemme guess, pay another consultant?? :spoon::joy_cat::joy_cat:

Isolate is only worth $1200 now. If you’re getting more for it than you’re lucky your buyer is ignorant.
Keep stock piling it tho this is awesome!!

Don’t hate on the consultants, hate on the corporate chads and brads.
Keep your prices for services extremely high
especially outside the industry!! Colabs are one thing - selling out to money
better get top dollar

4 Likes

And if you’re OG in this game or at a minimum a good person / good consultant
you should be able to save close to or More $$$ than your fees just on equipment discounts and efficiency.

Get equity too. 1-5%

6 Likes

You contradict yourself a lot here @Siosis

First you say that my statement about the value being different six months ago is really bizarre then you say “I’m surprised people can still get those rates”

You also say that you’re “charging 15k for a 2000 kilos a day output” and then go onto say “it’s all really simple and scalable”

Seems to me like we have our bottom dollar average (siosis) and another willing to charge $250k

I think greenmachine put it best way earlier in the thread. It all depends on what you and the person you’re teaching feels is fair.

Thanks again for the input everybody! Hope you all enjoy your Sunday!

6 Likes

Shit!

You’re supposed to charge for this stuff?

11 Likes

Siosis also doesn’t want to pay people with chemistry bachelor’s as much as I think they can be worth, so really there’s no contradiction in what he says to charge, basically the company owners are who he thinks should make all that $$$$

2 Likes

Value 6 months ago? I said the knowledge was the same 6 months ago as it is now. Same methods. Just more people seeking out how to do it cause more companies are opening up.

It is all really easy it’s a simple template that’s scaled up or down depending on clients needs of capacity.

I think charging 250k and asking for 3-5% equity is near predatory. But to each their own!

But If you got guys with more money then brain cells then more power to y’all hustle away.

I don’t pay my bills with consulting I just do it to help the community. I own a processing lab so maybe that’s the difference?

The rates comment was about what y’all charge for consulting not prices for thc remediation

2 Likes

If you go back and read that thread every major player that commented short of kush agreed. Just because you have a bachelor of chemistry does not entitle you to more then 20$ an hour without experience.

Ironically the lowest paid guy of my 8 guys is 55k and my highest is 210k so ya. Stand by that statement. Anyone paying a guy 60k a year just cause he has a bachelor in chem is a fool. Now if he has a masters in a very applicable skill that transfers or a PHD then that’s a different conversation entirely

3 Likes

Woah I never said just anyone with a chem bs deserves 60k, I know one formerly at my company who for sure wasted at least 20$ perhour in spills
 Sounds actually like you pay your people well, I retract everything about your pay ideas

1 Like

I know a guy who just graduated from 5yrs of chemistry and he cant do 90% of what is needed in a lab. I agree experience means alot, but also all i have is 10yrs experience no formal training and i couldnt get a job around here

1 Like

Hardly anyone is commenting on this thread actually. And there’s not really much to even talk about.
I can say with first hand knowledge that almost every company large and small is having a really hard time.
And that is without compliance and enforcement.
You think the market is difficult now, wait until the tax man and his associates start showing up.
And are you even doing things legally.
Who is actually banking on hemp sales?
Ya if you’re talking about setting up a crew of Guys with a spinner and some t free lol
Ya that’s not much work
Or good thinking.
What you’re talking about Siosis is basically what any equipments sales company will do for free.
Install, training and some sops

You’re adding in a c1d2 booth.

Point is, compliance is valuable to know, and so much More to making a successful company/.
You get what you pay for.

I guess I haven’t ever met someone of a company that had everything planned out except how to extract and use the equipment. Interesting

The in-line t remediation for a scale of 20k lbs per day feedstock to crude to disti
Eqyuommwnt is 500k and the consumables come with a per gram royalty.
3.5M for the equipment to get crude and disti 20k lbs. A day.

2 Likes