How much to trim

I have a bunch of outdoor bud. It hasn’t been trimmed fully. How much to I manicure before blasting?

trim?!?

call it whole plant extract.

convince your customer base it’s a feature not a bug.

7 Likes

Some things to take into account also is loss of gross yield on the “nug run” from removing the trim, and creating two different grades of product with different price points versus one grade of product (whole bud with trim)

I’d remove the fan leaves and call it good. also your getting to it while its freshest vs spending however long trimming it just to blast away. Time is $

5 Likes

Thank you both. Good views on this

How old is this outdoor?

It’s since last fall but seems to have been taken care of well

The extract you get out of it will most likely be dark. :man_shrugging:.

3 Likes

Perhaps. Sub zero and crc with a substantial amount of bud will help I think. I just worry more about scent and flavor if there’s too much leaf I suppose

As long as the water leaf is gone the taste will be fine. Some people are of the opinion that not trimming it ends in better product… but if it’s old that’s probably not the case.

The best extract I ever made was off fresh trim and smalls. Nug run works best if it’s fresh frozen and goes down hill quicker ime

Trim from cbd hemp tested at 8% cbd and the bud from which it came tested 12%. I was surprised to see the trim test so high.

if I’m extracting I don’t trim at all. I’ll remove the main fan leaves without any trichs but otherwise it’s a matter of clipping the nugs off the stem and running them whole.

2 Likes

Have you ever used a TrimBag? They are simple and work great for a quick trim.

Really, the trim bag you say works great?

Sorry, but I laughed my ass off 5 yrs ago when it came out for the home grower. And saw a vid of a guy using it.

I perfected a table top spin-pro type for use with much better results. Zero after use hand trimming. Unlike with the bag.

It is overpriced for a bag with a screen. You can make your own. Ive used one several times and I’m sold. They are great!!!

I’ve use spin pro table top trimmers, twister t4, centurion pro, and minions to hand trim.

I still run my t4, and love it.

It’s all about duffing with the grocery basket lol

1 Like

Brown paper grocery sacks can be trim machines. Insert dried flower and shake like crazy. (Could this have been the origin of the term “shake” as a word for trimmings?)

3 Likes