How much time do you spend commuting every day?

Commuting to work would take me 2.5 hours a day, which is a long time on public transport. I have tried to listen to music or podcasts to use this time, but on the subway, it’s too loud to listen to anything. So the question is, what is your commute time daily and what do you do to pass this time?

My warehouse is .71 miles away. I can walk there fast in 10 mins. Driving takes like 2-3 mins.

I wouldn’t want to work far away from home. My time is too important

6 Likes

A better question to answer: how much time would you save having a vehicle? I jam to music and check memes when at a stand still. Having my own vehicle for home and work, getting paid to commute. I make about $30/day going to work to compensate my gas, it’s only about 20 miles taking 30 minutes. But that’s a solid hour I clock.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine how a happiness human I would be if my commute time was only 10 minutes. But I am satisfied with my current job, so I might be considered to move to a closer place to live.

A bad reality is:it will take almost the same time as public transport. Cause my city is in heavy transport every day, especially in the early morning…

I don’t spend all that much time commuting but I often work around generators and other heavy and sometimes loud equipment. Speaking from experience, get yourself a set of these:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-Jobsite-Pro-Wireless-Earphones-190-2091-DW2A/319598972

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll try

1 Like

My commute is under 5 minutes for my new job but previously was around 10-15 minutes. I feel like I spend most of it dodging random wildlife lol.

2 Likes

Surprised everyone is on that under 15 minute commute time yo. Im at like 5 minutes and some change. Im obsessed with time and ill be damned if I have to commute over 30 minutes.

3 Likes

Those look awesome. Gonna snag a pair. Ty.

2 Likes

lol, it sounds so much fun than normal city commuting.

1 Like

I commute from my bed to my desk and then occasionally to a trade show. Remote work is the best.

5 Likes

It also surprised me, made me feel my commute time was outrageous :joy:

…You win

1 Like

I try to maximize time by doing things on my commute that I’d normally do at home so I cook my full English breakfast and then shit and shave and then iron my shirt and tie and jerkoff on my morning commute.

Kind of fucks up the car but time is money am I right?

3 Likes

Garden shed with a bed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: some days I stay locked in more than 72 hours no shower yust nap and watch the machines do there thing and work straight treu

As for noise got me self some noise canceling headphones works marvelous
Really worth checking it out

7 Likes

I have a computer hooked up to the tv in the living room and in the bedroom. My commute is opening my eyes

5 Likes

about 30mins, could’ve been within 5-10mins but I chose to live in a nicer area than whats near the industrial area my warehouse is at lol

2 Likes

10-15 minutes from work to the house. Only wish I was closer to the dog park. That’s a 20-25 minute trip.

2 Likes

I’m 15min from my work, 35 if I’m at my girlfriend’s in the suburbs.

Most of my driving time is outside of work. My son lives 150 miles away and I see him every weekend, on top of various other errands and trips. I drive like 30,000 miles a year, could never live without a car or 2. Usually I’m smoking a joint and listening to music while driving, like 3-8 times a day.

I do however live without headphones, I’m very good at zoning out and blocking out the outside world. Sometimes too much…

3 Likes