How much product can a .9 cf oven hold?

Been looking everywhere but couldn’t find any info… just wanted to do some research on what I’ll be needing. Thank you for reading.

It’ll hold about .9 cu ft worth

It all depends on what dishes/pans you’re using. Find dishes that fit well together to maximize capacity. If you’re pouring slabs it will hold considerably less than if you’re filling pans.

3 Likes

As previously stated, it depends. I would guess 300-3000 grams purged product.

If you haven’t purchased, I’d suggest buying used. You can find a used 1.9 cheaper than a brand new .9.

3 Likes

Great tip on the buying used @WhereAreTheStones . Found some on eBay and Craigslist hopefully to be a new owner soon. I’m planning to do 7-8 lbs of material every month. I have a 1lb cls and would most likely try to do multiple runs a day until material has all been processed. Would you be able to recommend what size oven/vac chamber I should purchase for what I have planned?

Trying to not oversized and be cost effective for my needs. Thank you.

1 Like

I’d recommend the 1.9. You could probably get by with a .9, unless you’re running multiple strains and it becomes too many pans. You may also have pans that don’t want to finish as fast. Better to have the space and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

3 Likes

Thank you brotha I appreciate the help @WhereAreTheStones

1 Like

You’re planning on running all of your stuff for the month in a couple of days? If you’re not and you’re planning on spacing it out a little bit more then a couple of days, you can stick with the smaller one… It’s been awhile since I used a vacuum oven but if you’re going to extract 8 lb you should get maybe somewhere around 720 g out of it (about 3.6kg×20%=720g) and while although I can’t remember what size my oven was I am absolutely certain I could fit all of it at one time in the oven.

Depends.

I have had ½lb runs of really good shit take a majority of the tray. And then 1Lb runs that have taken a majority of the tray.

There’s 4 trays, I wouldn’t dump more than a 1lb run on each tray, though I was making personal use shatter and never ran more than 1Lb

If you’re trying to utilize the whole tray probably a 5lb run per tray.

Totally depends on the post production goals though.