How much of a percentage should I ask for?

Sooo, I recently started working for this lady who wants to start a cbd company. And I need help with making sure I don’t get taken advantage of.

She’s soo sweet and we get along great. And I think with her money and connections and my ideas and recipes. We can make athis a very successful company.

We are in the developmental phase and when I started, I was under the impression she had more of a foundation. But I quickly found out all she had was a lotion recipe with isolate in it.

She wants to take all of my ideas and recipes that I was planning on using for my own company. All the research papers and info I gathered to support the claims I plan to make.

And now she wants me to put it all together to attract an investor.

I feel like I’m going to put it together and show projections oh how much we can make.

So I want to ask, what should I ask for?

Is 50% too much.

Is 10% to little.

I think she’s a genuine human and I don’t think she’d fuck me over in anyway. But at the same time. You only get what you negotiate for.

So what do I do?!?!?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

She sounds like a nice lady, and I like helping nice people too. First question I have is what does this nice lady bring to the table? I feel like I’ve overlooked it somehow.

She brings

50% is probably too much if there will be other investors involved.

1 Like

10-25% is more than enough depending on what you are offering.

2 Likes

I am developing SOPs and methods for a company now and I struggle with losing creative rights. I would talk with her about it but I don’t think 50% is too much, especially if you are the only creative force behind the product. Also, I assume you offer some, hopefully scientific, expertise that she is will help and that she rely’s on. Consider what you would be paid annually if this was your job, and calculate accordingly. Analytic chemists in this field can make 75K+ annually. How do you qualify in this field.

Start your own and ditch the lady

6 Likes

Get everything in writing and notorized wven rhe nicest person will be waiting in the light to light that ass up. To quote the late biggie, tou have the knowledge that is wirth something and all the hard work and risk youve put into it. Anyone who takes things in writing as an insult is suspect in my book. Im dealing with the same thing. Im not gonna be head exhractor and teach people only to be laid off and minimum wage workers hired in my place

3 Likes