How much dry ice?

Quick question. Getting ready to take a stab at some diamonds.

What size jar do you recommend for a qp of high quality trim?

How much dry ice should I grab for one jar?

I appreciate you all

Quick answer…

https://future4200.com/search?q=thca

3 Likes

You shouldn’t need more that 10lbs of ice and an 8oz jar

4 Likes

Thanks Boss!

100# of dry ice
A bottle of vodka
And a midget

10 Likes

Do you think a quart jar would be to big? Or will I be ok if I leave extra brand in?

Waaaay too big, I do qp run all the time and I would suggest the biggest is a 4oz jam jar.

3 Likes

I said 8 oz to handle the pour and any extra solvent. You’re right, 4oz is perfect for such small amount

5 Likes

Twin midgets FTW!

2 Likes

I appreciate the info.

I hold my midgets kimbo style!

2 Likes

An 8oz works well enough fer sure, but a quarts too big. You can’t really control the evap rate with that amount and a big jar.

I’ve gotten ok sized stones in an 8ox jar, but the 4 is good.

At this point for my small as runs I use a 1.5 sight glass as a tiny diamond miner. Works great

5 Likes

How small of a run are you doing?

I appreciate the info

Qp just like you, maybe a little more, but that is around the average I was running.

But I’m running nug runs, so the return may be a little more than you might get? I’d usually end up capping when the jar was about 1/3 full.

4 Likes

Thanks again. I keep reading ppl tossing their jara in the freezer… Are they using low temp freezers or will any normal freezer work?

I really do appreciate the help!

I don’t put my jars in the freezer anymore. Don’t really need to with the volumes we’re working with I’d say.

If you wanna try it, you’re gonna at minimum need a deep freezer though. And I’ve done it before personally, it’s not recommended to stick solvents in a normal freezer, but I’m just telling you what I’ve done.

Yeah I didn’t think a normal freezer would be suffice. Although it was what I used while making the spirit molecule lol.

Do you just do everything at room temp then?

Oh god no lol.

-40 or lower for the extraction.

2 Likes

Oh okay so the dry ice and ISO and a cooler will be suffice?

1 Like

Yep, that’s good

2 Likes

Thank you thank you.

Any tips on burping? Is it a once a day thing or a visual thing?

2 Likes