How much can fit in a tray

I am considering one of those ovens from bvv mentioned above. Have a few ovens and the prospect of more than doubling the capacity I already have with two existing units and only having to add the 1600w or whatever it is, and the space of only one more unit for the 11 shelves of space seems like a win to me.

Also I saw a refurbished unit on bvv site for like 1300, which puts it cheaper than the 4 trays of space you are getting a deal on.

Also you can take trays out to fit jars, but cannot add them to fit more slabs

Last question. Do I order a 1 stage 3.5cfm or 2 stage 5cfm vacuum pump. 2 stage is double the price.

I have a 5cfm 1 stage pump currently it pulls the full vac but takes forever I just upgraded to a 8cfm 2 stage waiting for it to come in

For one oven the smaller would be fine, just reach vac slower. Multiple ovens you could get bigger and use a T. That’s what I do so I can run less equipment and keep it on and pulling the whole time. Just make sure you close the other oven vac valve when you open one door

Do not get those shit Chinovens in fact get the 1.9s ai’s with the ten shelf’s use one oven as a muffin oven and hen the other for a finishing oven . Or if u can just grab a cascade tvo-5 . Or if your on a budget then grab hfs 1.9s their only 1300 or so and way better. Those chinovens u have no idea if they did a vac test on em. All of the major suppliers of ovens typically have good relationships with China and get the good ones branded to them and or tested. @SlabVader

2 Likes

Those BVV work quite well just be careful using the top and bottom shelves. I left them in to help radiate heat more evenly throughout but didn’t use them to hold product. Several batches nucleated on both shelves before I …shelved :joy: the idea of using them. The top rack ran 5 degrees hot and and the bottom ran about 4 degrees hot. The slabs between were all within two degrees. For comparison the AI Elite vac ovens and Cascades I’ve worked with would be within tenths of a degree throughout the entire oven. just my $0.02

2 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate all the knowledge. I am buying this BVV instead.

3 Likes

Maybe grab one of those shit China ovens as a “muffin oven” and then the 10 tray to finish. Or not even that?

Much cheaper to get yourself a bottle of nitrogen and a dual stage regulator.
Sweep away :metal:

4 Likes

Mind if I DM you and talk to you about this method a little bit? I’ll order both of those things

1 Like

Thats fine, but scope the post I linked regarding nitrogen sweeping above first please. I detailed the method and parts needed. Be happy to answer any specifics you have after that man

4 Likes

I just got 2 bvv ovens today. They’re held in high regard by my peers. I’ve had 2 ai ovens and they have some problems. I’ve had a switch go out, knobs get jammed, a display button stuck… all this I can fix on my own. If you have a serious problem they’re good about fixing it, but from what I hear bvv have less problems like that. I had a bhogart 1.9 and the heating element went out. I brought it in, it sat for 6 months and got to the point when I would call they would tell me to hold then throw me to voice mail. So I forever don’t fuck w them.

3 Likes