How many grams are you putting in a liter?

Most can not apply simple math to real world situations from my experience.

3 Likes

The metric system really gets the rednecks around here too. Lol

2 Likes

Where did I ask for “directions on how to weigh shit”. I simply asked how many grams people are putting into their liters. I’ve heard many mixed numbers and thought I’d make a thread to see what the general consensus is. Seems like people are just using slang and calling a kilo a liter. Thanks for the help guy.

1 Like

There are 1000mg in 1g.
1000g = 1,000,000mg

Grams and milligrams are measurements of weight. (wrong. It’s mass, thanks @anon81723932)

Liters and millilitres are measurements of volume. The conversion between the two is a factor of density, which changes with temperature.

10 Likes

I meant to say 1000g = a liter but it was too late to edit by the time I noticed. Seems like everyone’s just doing 1000g anyways. Thanks

1 Like

I think it was/is a valid question, there’s a decent amount of confusion around the topic

8 Likes

Personally. With my disty (triple ran and remediation for color) I get around 1050(ish) grams in a jar that is a scientific jar with markings at the 1L line.

1 Like

I put 1ml on my carts

Why not just use the metric system and call it a day?

Weigh the stuff in grams. Report it in grams. Reference it in grams.

Keep it in grams :slight_smile:

I always thought using unit of volume (liters) didn’t make much sense practically - potency is referred to by % of mass. Much easier to work with mass (grams).

5 Likes

Grams and milligrams are measurements of mass

Weight is a measurement with gravitational force taken into consideration. Weight can change based on magnitude of gravitational force (moon weight vs. earth weight for example) but mass is constant

2 Likes

Except when the mass of the standards changes, I believe I remember this happened recently. All your old measurements are now off by 50 micrograms

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/science-and-health/2019/5/17/18627757/kilogram-redefined-world-metrology-day-explained

7 Likes

So do we need to sell our liters on a full moon or a new moon? Lol :joy:

7 Likes

Isn’t 1,000mg one gram?

3 Likes

You put 1008 grams in the square

Some don’t even get that far :wink:

Was looking for density of distillate thread. I know we’ve got solid numbers in a couple of spots…

1 Like

It better be 1000 grams, we buy on weight not volume.

1 Like

nah dude, we be selling liters!

(in 1 quart jars no less :wink: )

@cyclopath see: Density of crude? - #8 by 710.consulting

1 Like

I got liters of cbd off here and never zeroed the bottle or weighed it but I presumed its 1000 grams. It was only 30 cents a gram so I couldnt really care but if it was thc I would care alot.

Glad I found this forum chat I’m looking into making carts. Just doing my research , I can’t make distillate because I don’t have the equipment or even know how. I recently found someone who sells it in bulk. Wondering how many 1 gram carts will a liter of D9 distillate filll. Still looking for other people tho since I still haven’t met the guy.

@Fullyauto Read the post right before yours. The answer is there. Don’t forget you need to add in the terps weight also.

1 Like