How long to soak rosin bags?

If one were to pack a couple tubes full of rosin bags that had already been squished once, how long would ya let it soak for?
Not asking if it’s a good idea…I know re-running socks isn’t idea(wasteful as fuck)
Just wondering how long one would soak…it is definitey spreading out the hash over a larger area and not clogging
Dank you

1 Like

It’s not just a matter of how long, temperature is a key variable here as well. I would go for a warm soak in a column to dissolve, then remediate however needed. Putt all the rosin bags In a sock and put a sintered disk below the column but before any valves as to avoid a clog (waxplug tek)

4 Likes

I’m assuming since it’s Rozen you don’t like butane soak in Everclear alcohol and when completed you can throw it on a cup of sugar for edibles and let it soak into the sugar and evaporate or you can put it on a Pyrex platter one inside the other and double boil kind of deal and evaporate it off and then scrape I wouldn’t wanna smoke it unless I put it in vacuum oven more so for edibles also alcohol wash you’re more than likely lose a lot of your terps In this processthe Terps which isn’t bad if you’re doing edibles Or just put it all in gel caps and Wala ps…funny story one morning I was really fucked up and I put my squash bags in a small pot with a stick of butter on simmer and I dumped it in pancake batter and my girl was fucked up like couldn’t go to work it was hilarious it was the weekend she didn’t even have to work and she didn’t shut up about it she was high as fuck end of the world shit​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes, not running the solvent thru the coil on the way in(that’s the warm for me)
And filtering it thru a couple 1micron papers… but they didn’t want remediation

I actually don’t like rosin, this is just for someone else , some rosin is pretty good, but that’s rare, and in my opinion I definitely don’t like what it does to the banger…others have different thoughts and that’s fine too…

2 Likes

FYI…
Never have I seen such a yield
Haven’t tested it obviously but the yield from (2) 6x36 columns (packed with rosin socks) is astronomical, even with hardly anything in each sock
This could be a way to blast kief, although that seems like overkill

4 Likes

I soaked for AWHILE one time allowing all the hash inside the bags to really break down

I did this in a 12x24 collection with splatter platter and dip tube.
Flipped it upside down and packed it so I didn’t have to fight the dip tube when putting the lid on. Soaked it for 10 days or so.

1 Like

I did a 25 minute soak, at rt 70/30.

Curious @FicklePickle what was the quality of the oil? Dude want it to be remediated now, it is worth it or is it already decarbed from the squish?

1 Like

I crc’d mine but it required an astronomical amount of powder to get the job done. Eventually I just took it all to distillate because I too was worried about the amount of decarbed thca from the squish

1 Like

Didn’t test the oil at all? I’m thinking this already, but have zero experience with rosin other than squishing headstash in a hair straightener

1 Like