How long to redissolve

Dark and poopy into clear and skeety

4 Likes

That’s a beautiful save.

This one was black and tar like and had chunks of carpet all throughout. It had a good nose and we cleaned it up into a nice sauce that had good flavour surprisingly.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Now you’re just being a show off. Love it.

4 Likes

Redissolved some not so nice slabs today and it started crashing within hours

Sunday

Yesterday

Today

3 Likes

Friggin bravo @Costello sick lab what a great workspace!

3 Likes

Where do you acquire luster max?

1 Like

@Darrenjaydirect

3 Likes

Hey I just gave you a DM brotha. I included my number as well so I can answer any questions.
Lustermax.com :+1:

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar amongst men :beers:

3 Likes

In spirit of this thread, I recently did some RND with re-dissolved pentane/cannabinoid solution where it was remediated and separated through a Buchner funnel setup. Super smooth experience. Takes a while to re-dissolve but not as much as a pain as doing so in a full sized closed loop.

4 Likes

What ratio of solvent and media to oil did you use? I have some poop soup I’ll use the sample you sent me on

4 Likes

We decided on doing 3:2 (Solvent to Oil) re-dissolve and dosed 80 grams to 150ml. The resin sample we used was actually the HCE fraction of stuff that ran really dark but wasn’t the worst smelling.

I don’t know how what dosage would fit full spectrum dark resin but it’s a start. At a certain point, I would see the slurry getting really thick with high media:solution doses and would have to dilute.

If it’s really aged, adding silica at a ratio of 1:1 with LusterMax will help cut through the brown pigmentation. I just haven’t quantified the loss/gain from using LM alone to adding Si yet.

:beers::beers::clinking_glasses::clinking_glasses:

1 Like

@Darrenjaydirect what differences have you noticed on ore treating the media. i saw post on your gram saying you should heat it first to evaporate the moisture. i’ve been using lustermax straight from bag to crc column and i am having great results. couple people tried some finished product some of the best stuff they tasted. i use a combination of media and set it up so i can run multiple runs through one column with out changing it out. it isn’t quite water clear but everything about the product is on point

2 Likes

Sup Brotha man! So yes I do recommend evaporating the moisture from your media. This was originally instated as my SOP due to the fact that the moisture was in there and we naturally don’t want moisture in our extract. I also had an untested observation that strength was increased when the media was baked.

But with all this said, I have clients like yourself that decided not to implement baking into their process and get great results. One specifically in Oklahoma decided to do a side by side on the same biomass of Baked vs Non-baked and concluded internally that the non-baked clay had night and day better aroma and taste. Which was really interesting but I haven’t redone this test myself yet to confirm results.

So there it is. :beers::+1:
Let me know if you have any other questions! @Homegrown34

1 Like

Could be due to some of the water grabbing water soluble terps that might not be extracted without the extra moisture. I’d say more than half my clients are using lustermax without baking and prefer that over baking.

4 Likes

im trying to rerun a batch (budder) i have. didnt like the smell or color. i put a pretty big chunk of it on a chilled column (-15F) and ran it but the big chunk was still there when i opened the column. im pretty sure im supposed to get eveything back into my collection column. is this because of the temp or am i doing something else wrong?

Use Room temp solvent. Helps to have a jacketed column so you can let wax sit. As it boils wax will dissolve @stank

3 Likes

It will take days if you just let a giant chunk sit, without heat it will still take awhile. I add 5-10#’s then a lil iso and turn the heat on and its done in about an 1-1.5 hrs

2 Likes