How far do you go to distill cannabinoids?

That’s a wiped film with an external condenser. Pretty nifty!

Our spinning band systems are based off of a DuPont patent purchased by one of the founders of BR. He worked for them at the time and saw demand in the petroleum and solvent industries. I don’t think I have ever seen the original papers.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from How far do you go to distill cannabinoids?:

With respect to the Myers lab 3, I agree with the initial reply, in that the idea is good, but bad execution. the way the vacuum system was designed, chokes and creates its own bottle necks with small vacuum pipe diameter and lengthy pathway. The hopper connection that goes into a small valve to regulate the amount of crude that goes to the rotor is extremely narrow and clogs up constantly, let alone the fact that it is never consistent and non-linear in control, which requires the operator to watch and constantly adjust the valve to make sure it is not dripping too fast or too slow, which can change with from nothing to too much in 2 degree of adjustment.

It does and can create some yellow distillate, but I did not have the know how at the time to further refine the product as I do today. The biggest issue also is throughput, you would be lucky to get 200g in a 10 hr shift for a first pass, mor

1 Like

Hey cyclo - cannot comment on operability but I’ve attached a few cut sheets/quotes for some of the myers equipment. I have yet to find a lab running the myers consistently. The system makes complete sense to me in theory but it is good to hear from the other posters that the quality is lacking.

Pilot 15 - Quote.pdf (1.3 MB)
Pilot 15 proposal 03 16…pdf (477.2 KB)
LAB 3 prop Rev 12 17.pdf (470.2 KB)