How do you Short Path?

So, to be clear, we could go full Steam Punk?

gold and silver are inert :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure Stainless qualifies as steampunk.

Iā€™ve been thinking a lot about this too. I have a lab society silvered setup with their aux condenser, which has given me nothing but a big head ache. Iā€™m incorporating a ss cold trap instead of the aux path and adding summits new sp5 head with their new high efficiency mono cow. Hoping this will solve my issues. Iā€™ve had good results running ls system without the aux condenser attached, but Iā€™m hoping to achieve the same results breaking dabs is, and my setup just doesnā€™t cut it.

1 Like

How did you use the aux condenser?

Its on a 4 necked bf, so itā€™s a secondary path, separated from the head, controlled by a three way valve to determine which path the vapor takes. So you pull heads through aux, then switch the valve when itā€™s time to pull the body.

This is good in theory, but it literally made me unable to reach good vac rendering the whole thing moot. Plus it was really hard to see exactly when to make the switch following what they said. Thes new sop from breaking dabs has changed the game quite a lot. So that is what Iā€™m trying next, recommended by a friend to also has ls silvered head and all the same issues as me. Said he got the new summit head and that fixed all his issues.

1 Like

The secret to a good vacuum level is complete removal of the lowers.the lowers are making the vapor pressure that your pumps are fighting. That and refluxing cold traps will make unnessarry vapor pressure in your apperatus.

3 Likes

Itā€™s either steam punk or advanced centrifugal free mean path cryogenic deposition with selective laser evaporative technology leveraging far IR high power lasers and interstitial bipolar differentiation of the hydrogen carbon bonds. It will need a flux capacitor and 1.21 gigawatts of energy for the really timeless dabs but it would be the complete other end of the tech spectrum.

Of course you could power the whole thing with a steam locomotive I thinkā€¦ ask @Futureā€¦ he should knowā€¦ I am gonna take another vape hit now. Hope this helped.

4 Likes

I was gonna add an extra ss cold trap, since Iā€™m removing the aux. Iā€™ve been told this would lead to better vac. Might still have reflux issues, but canā€™t that be solved by putting dry ice under the receiving flask for the heads?

Run a hot condenser, most of the heads will go to the cold trap, put a dry ice bath under the rbf on your cold trap.

3 Likes

Iā€™m at 131 for my condenser atm. Need a new pump to get to 155. But i thought i saw breaking doing a run totally without a head condenser. Gonna have to ask him about it.

1 Like

Air condensers totaly work. Br instruments does that with their spinning band.https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F322885261857

This will work for your hot condenser!

3 Likes

Well holy shit! This will def be on the purchase list!

1 Like

LOL

Man I went from open blasting years ago, 3 years out of industry barely smoking, to one wild idea to get back in and two days later had a 5lb extractor.

I remember the first run I sat there with close to 20 lbs of solvent in the system, dry ice and iso everywhere, and not a single drop of solvent.

Fucking genius idea with the stethoscope.

I stared at this fucking thing for 12 hours with no idea what was going on, finally dripped it all through.

Then I started looking at the rig as a big straw, and realized I didnā€™t equalize the pressure from the first chamber to the collection. God bless that learning curve.

1 Like

Looking into the same system, any advice on dos and donā€™ts on the lab society. Thanks.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the diameter of Summit researchā€™s heating mantles? Or any ā€œcommonā€ 10 liter heating mantle/stirrer?

Chemglass round bottom flasks have diameters of 279mm and 295mm for 10 liter and 12 liter, respectively. This shouldnā€™t matter when using a 12 liter boiling flask on a 10 liter mantle should it? My memory tells me itā€™s fine, but I donā€™t have any equipment directly in front of me and Iā€™m waiting on 4 companies to call me back about itā€¦ But on stoner timeā€¦

Thank you! I read that stuff and the typos alone almost made it unreadable.

If itā€™s too small youā€™re fucked, but if itā€™s a little too big you can always use some sand to fill the gap.

1 Like

A better option is wadded up aluminum foil,the sand will get into the housing of the mantle.

3 Likes