How do you negotiate the price of ugly hemp flower?

I have a local farmer that did his first crop a few months ago. Flower rings out at 17% CBD. I asked if the flower was fully trimmed and they told me yes, but the picture shows me this is not the case. I don’t think this is even good enough to sell as smokeable retail quality. My initial response is $50/lb. They have only like 50lbs.

1 Like

you get your own test on the biomass. preferably several.

then you negotiate based on %cannabinoids, assuming you have the ability to extract and isolate CBD.

what you offer should be based on your wholesale cannabinoid prices and total cannabinoid content (cannabinoid of interest).

don’t extract?

walk away if you’re looking for smokeables

7 Likes

this is not smokable quality. I would respectfully decline buying for smoking but if for processing do your own test and talk price later. most biomass is selling for 3.25-4.0 per percentage point.

1 Like

It was kind of a hilarious but sad story. The farmer comes in with samples of his first c02 crude and these flowers. He wanted 1k/oz in extract, and then walked out when I mentioned that I would have to offer biomass prices for the flower. I have a place in my heart for the farmers, because they are the first step in producing good products and genetics and want to see them succeed and enter the industry (especially getting the tobacco farmers to convert to hemp)