How do you guys know if your isolate is being cut?

Not possible in large scale farming. At least at this point. I don’t know the other company but GW could grow everything they need for 10 years in a green house which is controllable but for the rest of us processing 100-1000 acre farms it’s just not possible to have that consistency while keeping farming cost down. I’ve grown the same strains here on my farm for three years and every year the material is slightly different. Pest pressure and environmental changes year to year really affect these plants out doors.

From seed too I’m guessing…

I’d say we’re still a ways out from the standardized F1 hybrids corn farmers are used to dealing with.

Control anything you can, document everything, whether or not you can control it. Mine data for insights

1 Like

I tend to agree with @cyclopath here: if you’re getting different results, you just haven’t controlled all the variables yet. I understand what you’re saying about scale but if the current state of pseudo-prohibition remains, it will potentially happen before the processing-intensive reductionist method is achieved

What are your isolate inconsistencies?

Yes. Clones cost to much to make large scale farming economical. Man I have so much data it’s not even funny lol. I’ll get to see the difference between CO and CA with the same strain this year. Plants are already twice as tall as anything I’ve grown in CO.

2 Likes

Small potency percentages. Most likely related to analytical testing discrepancies. CBDV is something that’s showing up now though. Last batch was 1% ish

The flower so far has been the only variable that I can’t control.

She cannot be tamed, let her go wild! Always fun to find a freaky one :wink:

2 Likes

dont forget to put enough ethanol so the sugar will dissolve

1 Like

ive tried multiple terps with thc and cbd.

nothing is the same as the raw plant that I have found yet.

1 Like

Adding to this method:

-if you can use differrent solvent in parallel, like hexane/heptane vs acetone/methanol, it will give more hints on what can be in thre
-do not dissolve that much, like 0.5g/10 ml is far enough to see something at room temperature.
-stirr it and let it dissolve for 20 min, then see if thete are remnant. Pure CBD should leave none.
-heat it up to 50-60c for few minutes, see if everything dissolves, then let it could down to room temperarure and see if things reprecipitate. If so, this is likely waxes

To go further, send it to me for testing. :man_scientist:

3 Likes