How do you compensate your Salesmen and women?

I have been offered a job doing sales for a manufacturing business out here in CA. The job is initially a 1099 job, but has the potential to be a W2 employee with salary. For now the compensation is 12% of initial gross sale with a client. After the initial sale with that client, all other sales with them are compensated at 4% of gross. This is my 1st ever sales job in the Rec market. I’m hoping I can get some feedback from this community if I am being offered a fair commission? Is there any “industry standards” for sales positions like this in CA?

Ask if the 8% difference is reflected to savings for the customer on the follow up. Let tje company know that you are asking as it will be a good selling point to land potential customers. If not then you know they are making an additional 8% on you and you will be able to negociate a higher commision.

5 Likes

Ask when you will get paid on the sale. At deal signing? At deposit? Or after full payment? Who covers expenses/mileage/lodging?

3 Likes

The extra 8% a Goes to the company after the initial sale. They were transparent about that.

Good idea, I’ll ask about when payment happens. There is no lodging/gas expenses because I’m essentially just selling wholesale to other manufacturers that make edibles (right now I’m only selling distillate). I’m getting in touch with them through the online database and/or instagram. I just set up the sale remotely and the delivery driver for the company brings everything.

I think you can just call them salespeople for simplicity’s sake; but thanks for going for inclusivity :+1:

4 Likes

PC POLICE

You mean Salesperson, not salesmen, or saleswoman,

9 Likes