How can you tell the difference between d8 and d9

There shouldn’t be any smell.
What kind of smell do you sense ?

5 Likes

Nope. Not polymerized.

Delta 8 THC has the exact same molecular weight as D9 THC.

If you change the molecular weight you’re no longer looking at an isomer.

4 Likes

That’s not a GREAT way

yes it is the smell is a dead giveaway

I guess super clear would be another indicator. But smell is pretty spot on especially if its darker. If its clear I am not sure how strong that zinc smell is or whatever they use

I think whomever you’re getting d8 from doesn’t know what they’re doing…

2 Likes

its multiple sources spanning over the last 12 months with the most recent being a slanger on here. D8 smell is distinct. I know in a perfect world its odorless but thats not reality. I even had stuff test 103% super clear, still had that smell.

I do not buy or use d8 just for research or testing really and the stuff Ive come across with people trying to pass off as d9

1 Like

The only time I’ve ever encountered d8 with a “smell” is when it’s been reintroduced to Terps or has residuals of solvent or catalyst left over. Other than that it should be oderless, as any raw distillate should be.

2 Likes

Maybe he’s saying molten d8. Molten/liquid d9 most certainly has a smell, it’s not fragrant, it’s more like the smell of industrial oil. Not quite automobile, not quite cooking oil but somewhere in between. I don’t know what d8 smells like but I do know what hot distillate smells like (with and without a good trip strip)

1 Like

I have noticed that @Future s trick of sonication helps taking that smell out when melted

3 Likes

I totally no what you mean! Like touching ice but it’s not cold

sure do

Test it…mic drop

2 Likes