How am I able to tell from a COA if it is a converted liter? There are traces of D8 and ones testing at 78% and the other at 84%

Incorrect I’ve tested many converted liters at this exact lab and not all show exo thc

I forget my login info or I would post some

Here is a test of 2 different converted samples at KCA. One with tiny bit of exo and one with none

1 Like

The second test didnt even test for exo thc so how can you say it doesnt have any in there?

1 Like

Youre right bad example. They test for 26 idk why only 22 are on the tests.
Here is some conversion at the same lab as OP that is ND on exo

edit here are some more

1 Like

Conversions tend to have a pretty broad spectrum of exotic cannabinoids… CBD cbg CBD-v d8 d10 exo. But looking at the CB* is one of the easiest tells. If it’s nice and soupy it was converted.

If it’s just a little soupy and it has a decent d8 presence it was probably from the ultrasonic.

2 Likes

ive got clients complaining about golden disty with 3% d8 and 88% d9 wtf

4 Likes

Soupy as in viscosity ?
You are saying that natural thc is more viscous than isomerized product ?
That’s an interesting observation and makes sense as well as touching the heart of my r and d
@Vanillagorilla this might be a good
Preliminary way to test our assumptions

3 Likes

I took that as meaning it has a bunch of different minors in small amounts

3 Likes

Misread minors then for several are not possible to be made in conversions
Or added afterwards

1 Like

Dash of ML to give it that color the custies crave and all the minors

1 Like

That is not my intention at all. I appreciate the help. Thank you. I am new and do not know how to edit the post. I thought it would be easier to make a new post.

What is the ultrasonic? They are definitely not soupy. I tapped the tops of the liters with a pen, and both are very solid.

This is the link to my other post, with pictures of the liters.

Hey can you dm me if your on the East Coast got a question.

What is the ultrasonic? Thank you for your post

An ultrasonic is just a bath that most BHO extractors use to clean up their dishes between whips and jarring. For even a small lab it usually ends up being a lot of free money.

The machine just vibrates and is filled with ethanol, and when you let the dishes pile up like most of us probably do from time to time, turning the heat on makes quick work.

And by soupy I just mean a broad spectrum of exotic cannabinoids and/or residual minors.

1 Like

I’m trying to work it out before I travel. Hopefully I can get some reagents I need soon.

1 Like

Could you explain the exo-THC pathway? I have it on good authority that the dominant pathway is CBD → d9 → d8 (optionally depending on catalyst) and the less likely pathway is
CBD → d8-iso-thc → d4,8-iso-thc. As I’ve been told, you can roll down the hill to any of those products, but not back up. I am still unsure about the formation of exo-THCs in this model that I’ve laid out.

2 Likes

D9 can go to exo thc instead of d8 when you shift the double bond. Lewis acids can cause exo thc because of how they work. Brønsted–Lowry acid do not work the same way and can cause iso thc like you said. I am unsure if a Lewis acids can cause iso thc, ive never seen a Brønsted–Lowry acid cause exo thc.

Iso thc is made when the alcohol gets protonated. Lewis acids cant protonate from my understanding which is why they do not form iso thcs. You also need a strong acid from my understanding to protonate the alcohol.

I am not an expert at acids so if i got the 2 confused someone correct me

6 Likes

Wish I could help never had the luxury of knowing a lab that can test for other than 9,8 or cbd :smiling_face_with_tear:
Should have accepted @Dr_Jebril offets or maybe even @GrzA
Life of the lazy

1 Like

This tablelaric masstrubation is quite sensless…

OP Ask for the chromatogram of your analysis. Or maybe a GCMS would ve also a good investment.

@Rougelab why not just pour a real dist and the converted in an eppendorf and set it on its side…

I betcha the real one moves and the syth stays in its place…

Might be the minors making it a tad more visous at RT…

I think the fact that its d8 and 78% is quite revealing all by itself but I might have been in my hole for too long…

Cheers have a good one 4.2k

2 Likes