Hot water heater

What do you guys have your tankless heaters water PSI set to? Ours is out of the box at 150psi. Haha assuming that’s unnecessarily high. One of our vinyl hoses literally exploded at that high. I’m guessing around 50-60psi…

150 is crazy high… you shouldn’t need water pressure over 20-30psi

So is the heater what’s regulating that for you? I use a supply line that I can cut off as needed. Otherwise the supply is what maintains the set pressure from the heater. Sounds like your heater has a gnarly ass pump

5 Likes

Domestic water pressure is typically 30-50 or 40-60 psi if you have a well and pressure switch, municipal water lines very in pressure depending on the municipality but I believe they stay around 50-60psi.

2 Likes

Your tankless came with a pump?!?

2 Likes

He got this package from XD

3 Likes

$10k for a $3k heater and a $200 pump?!?

Wow…

5 Likes

yea seems ridiculous. this 14kw hubbel is only $325

2 Likes

:rofl: that’s exactly what I was saying!

2 Likes

Lol thats badically all of us, buying chillers too haha. Refurbished ac unit, insulated bucket and circ pump is what ur buying really haha
This one was a bit more greedy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So it seems there was some other sensor in there the electrician/HVAC guy had never seen. Haha hopefully it detects something important to make it worth extra 8k lol

1 Like

lol must be a badass sensor

2 Likes

must be

Hubbell’s are hella expensive. In the electric world, they’re considered the Ferrari’s… any time I bring up hooking a Julabo chiller or whatnot, my pops always recommends the plugs be hubbell for durability.

Now, water heaters… idk :man_shrugging:t2:

I use Mokon 24kw hydrotherm. 460V 3 phase. Just because we have the power we’re not using atm.

3 Likes

Is power cheap in okc?

You know bro, I asked to see the power bill. I want to see the price/kwh. In Texas, we were only paying $0.06/kWh. In Cali, $0.17/kWh. If we’re any where close to less than $0.08/kWh, I’ll be happy.

1 Like

just depends… in the summer my electric bill was like 4-5k per month but I’m running a few rooms of hps

How many watts? Your rooms

They certainly can be but when you compare how they are built vs residential units, the difference is clear

1 Like

Flow sensor?

See: In hot water...

I’m processing and growing so i definitely draw a lot of power