Hot water circulation

Good call, I will look for 2 pumps w/ the same GPH so I don’t have one pumping more than the other. I’ll let you know how it all works out when I get my parts.

thanks 'er body!

Put your collection vessel in the big tub, put sous vide in big tub to heat collection vessel.

It’s okay to put a Sous vide directly in the same bucket with my collection full of solvent when I’m recovering?

I do it all the time, I’ve seen plenty of others post pics of the same setup as well.

I highly doubt it’s c1d1, I know it’s not, but it’s done a lot.

5 Likes

I run a sous vide on one side of 50gal long ice chest. Its not the safest route but it’s on one side and collection pot on the other side

To be safer you could run the sous vide in a 5gal bucket then pump that water into ur cooler. Ull wanna return the water to the 5gal heating bucket

But I’m caveman style in shed . I put the collection pot on one side the 50gal long cooler and sous vide is on the other side about 2ft away…this is my heating station
Technically ur sous vide should have potted electronics, that way if u accidentally dropped it into the water it wouldn’t ruin it

My cooling station is 10 gal round ice chest that I keep denatured alcohol in it at all times. Just add more denatured alcohol to it occasionally. Dry ice to cool it when ready. Also once u get about 40lbs dry ice dissolved into about 4gal denatured alcohol that shit will stay subzero for queit some time

2 Likes

Yeah, I think Im going to get two pumps and a sous vide. One bucket to heat the water, one pump to move the hot water to the other bucket that has my collection in it, then another pump to circulate the cold water back. And true, I’ve noticed how much longer your dry ice can last if you dissolve it down into ISO or some sort of alcohol.
Caveman setups are best haha

1 Like

Yeah I have my sous vide in the Same cooler…its one those long fish coolers though. Its works like freaking champ. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
If there’s a c1d1 version lol get it
Just trying to get as far away as possible what I do. And plug ins are electrical taped together, that’s probably more serious. And its plugged in at a other room. I probably need to ground my rig better. I’m working on concrete though.

But the sous vide itself designed to work around water. idk about fumes though

You could use a diaphragm pump and run it external instead of submersible and install ebb and flow fittings or a standard barb and tubing on the bucket and incorporate a shut off tee in the line to direct flow. That should give you the option to transfer or recirculate using the same pump.

1 Like

Ah this is a good idea, thanks. Would save on having two pumps for sure

1 Like

Why are you chilling your base?

Beware with this setup that if your pumps aren’t perfectly matched for flow, eventually one bucket is going to overflow. You may be able to mitigate this somewhat by installing adjustment valve(s) and making sure tubing lengths are identical, or by installing high-level barbs and a hose that runs between to return any overage.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:To create a passive vacuum for extraction. I’m too broke to buy a chiller and too much of a pussy to try to run dry ice and isopropyl thru a fishtank pump.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m missing how having a pump in the bucket with the base is any different that having a sous vide there. Also, @greenbuggy is right about the balancing issue with two pumps. Easiest solution is to put the heater bucket up high and have it gravity drain back down into the bucket with the base in it.

4 Likes

There is nothing in the bucket with the collection, it will use an inlet pump that is located outside of the bucket to circulate it back to the first bucket with the heater. Wouldn’t really make sense to go through all this trouble if I planned on doing that lol.
I don’t think its the safest placing a sous vide in the same bucket as your collection, so this is my route around it. Nothing will ever be in the same container as the collection except for a hose!

1 Like

If you are using n2 then just pull full vac initially on your collection. Pull vac on your jacket to insulate your collection. The solvent will chill your collection pretty good. I stopped chilling my collection to save on dry ice. Working great so far.

2 Likes

Could you use a diaphragm pump while the n2 is running?

Two identical inlet pumps ordered. Both have flow control so I can fine tune each pump to get the flow perfect for a non stop circulation without over filling. Thanks for all the input! This community is awesome

Would electricity just conduct through the water anyway?

Neither pumps are in the water.

Hypothetically?