Hot CRC Tek

I like the running cold, propane first into one collection then running cold tane with a separate collect so you have minimal soak time. To much soak time warm or cold with start pulling undesirables with the second push. So a dewax would be needed on the tane run. By having 2 collections i dont believe there would have to have a need for dewax, cause everything would still be cold with minimal soak and warm up time. If you want to run warm through the crc i think a dewax column used to warm the tane after running cold would yeild the cleanest results with out a need to dewax

2 Likes

You blast ambient normal temp tane. Dewax. Then your crc jacket is turned up and when you blastbthe n2 it forces through changing phases because the jacketed crc is hot. Pushing only the terps through (in theory)

2 Likes

As of right now i am running on limited knowledge of the fact. I haven’t done any tests as my column is still in route. Everything im saying is my understanding of my conversations about the topic with waxplug

5 Likes

I guess I’m under the impression from griffins original post that the results were a factor of solvent used no the temps… I rinsed my crc w. Etho last time and got some insane nasties…

6 Likes

Is that what you washed out the crc?!

2 Likes

Yessir black soupy stinky trash

4 Likes

Yuuck

Does anybody here have a jacketed column they could use as a crc for some r&d? This waiting is killing me

2 Likes

I did the same thing with butane. Turn out way beter than that

1 Like

Do you have any pics you could share with us @sonicgardens?

2 Likes

Tube in shell heat exchanger above di sleeve material column. Distill propane from 50/50 mix solvent tank vapor port directly onto material. Initial extraction is too cold for cannabinoids but not terps.
Dump dry ice sleeve and follow propane with the remaining solvent through the liquid port, push with n2. No jacket on the media filter, but perhaps adding some ambient heat before it via 20’ 1/4” tubing curled up like an injection coil. Just spit balling.

5 Likes

Yeah I mean this was just to see what was left behind. I always run extra solvent to be sure I get all the desirable goods. Just wanted to be sure my “loss” wasnt full of good stuff…

Edit: But again is my evidence that changing the solvent does more than changing the temp. Each hydrocarbon has a different characteristic, extracts differently at different temps and both those change based on the powder your running thru. Case and point running a eho through the “standard powders” vs running a hydrocarbon. They vary drastically. I assume the same variation within a group of alkane maybe just not as extreme

2 Likes

Should be here soon brotha!

4 Likes

After how many washes? And what ratio fuel u run?

I ran about 15 lbs of room temp tane through 200 to 300gr of used powders. Im think about doing again to have it tested to c whats in it. I didnt c any thca crash out of it and it didnt wanna badder up either, just sap. And i didnt get very much out either. It was a couple few months ago

4 Likes

How was the smell on it?

1 Like

Cant remember

I have two recovery pots with a jacketed bleaching clay column in between. In recovery pot #1 I have the jacket temp set to 115f and it gets nice and warm (50psi) then I send it through the clay onto recovery pot 2. In a passive manner I guess you could say.

3 Likes

Fractional cls?

3 Likes

We have jacketed columns and C.R.C’s. Let me know what you need.

1 Like