Hot Condenser Tek help

its an expensive piece of glass but it makes life so much easier not having to drop vac for a swap

why are my terp strips taking so long? not part of this thread but thought i would ask

I do most of mine in the roto during decarb, what kinda vac depth are you getting

in my roto or spd?

currently 170m on spd, cold, just started 20mins ago. roto vac depth is 28 running full speed

Thats a good vac depth for terp fraction.

2 Likes

seems like it takes longer than it should, and its hard to completely separate out the terps from the main body. btw my load material is usuallly the terp strip/ head fraction from a WFE. we terp strip up to temp in the wfe and then use the spd to separate what comes out

Most of mu yerps stripping happens in the roto, i dont start seeing terps in the spd til about 140c just because obviously my bac depth is way deeper than on my roto. I dont run wipers anymore, there all in storage. I would think you could do a faster yerp strip in rhe wiper if tou fully decarb in the roto. Thats how my friends do it that are running wipers

1 Like

How hot to fully decarb in roto? I’ve tried but cant seem to get hot enough

160°C as deep as you can pull that thang (140°C minimum, but hotter for efficiency)
Hook up a more precise vacuum gauge. Look for a significant drop in pressure once CO2 formation ceases.

4 Likes

I go upto about 140-160c and use a diaphragm pump rhat pulls deep.

2 Likes

If tou have and across roto tou have to reprogram it to get hotter. If tou call them they will tell tou how to make the max temp higher

1 Like

Use compression fittings and copper tubing. Hardware store has everything you need for less than $50

3 Likes

run a slow rotation- use oil that is 20 degrees hotter than your target decade temp.

1 Like

You’re running your roto too deep and too fast. Slow down the roto speed and raise your vac depth.

You are not allowing the target volatiles to generate the vapor pressure needed to escape solution, the depth of the vac is actually pushing those volatiles deeper into solution. The rotation speed/movement keeps the solution from bumping because those volatiles are constantly being moved around and can’t create a nucleation site- not enough of them present in any one place to launch out as a vapor.

Edit: it’s late and I haven’t posted in awhile… vac depth is 28 InHG or 28 microns? Units of measurement are real.

4 Likes

28 inHG. Dont have a micron gauge hooked to the roto

Use duratherm in the bath?

1 Like

Some sort of open bath silicone/mineral oil.

Fryer oil would work in a pinch.

2 Likes

Thats what i use in both my roto and oil heater. Been using the same 10 gallons for years with no degradation, just dont spill it on the floor. And make sure to lower tour bath the hotter tou go it expands quite a bit once over a 100c

3 Likes

:joy: this guy with the fry oil.

2 Likes