Hot Condenser Tek help

Ya i go by vapor as well, just wondered about the one connected to the mantle. Totally agree 1 less point of leak is always a good thing.

1 Like

@Kingofthekush420 showed me the probe between the mantle and flask and once I ran it I will never go back.

5 Likes

Can you post that up for me and a few others?

I tried this last yr and kept buying the wrong pieces.
Lol

1 Like

Post what?

sounds like a solid idea do you just push the probe down on the side as far as it will go?

1 Like

would running the condenser heater to the condenser and the inner coil work? making the condenser and inner coil the same temp. using dual cold traps i feel it would be worth a shot, maybe im an idiot

I cant hurt to try, but usually the coil is used to start the cooling off process. But give it a shot everything discovered was done by the question you just asked. Dont know til tou try

would it be more effective to just run room temp water through it?

thats what i am currently doing. and started at 80c on the condenser

never pushed a condenser over 80c so its tripping me out setting it hotter. will it be alright at 100+?

1 Like

Ya depending on what kind of hose and clamps you hqve on there. I run mine at about 150-160c depending on where im at in the run. I use viton tubing there super cheap if tou get it off ebay or from an off road store. And then i just put them right over the gl glass threads

3 Likes

You can also just leave your condenser empty and jt will kinda do its own hot condenser tek. Not as good but until tour comfortable, cause 150c ailicone oil is not something tou wanna have go wrong trust me. I was lucky to catch the problem right as it started but still hurt

3 Likes

exactly man, i dont want to burst a line. i have high temp gl fittings, just need a hose that wont melt. it seems to be doing something at 80c but i can see how much faster i could go if it were twice as hot

i have been running chilled water till the condenser starts to gum up alittle and then i stop recirculating that and let it sit and get hot and clear itself out. its not very efficient

also difficult to get all the terps out before hitting mains. which is why i want to do hot condenser tek

Ya the hot condenser is the way to go, takes a minute to het it dialed in but the stuff that comes out is horrid and not nust the terps. You also need full bore for it to work properly. The smallest opening from cold trap to boiling flask is a #29 joint. Just like anything else just takes practice to nail it repeatedly

1 Like

currently full bore, dual traps, im all set up for it just need tubing that will lnot melt at 150c

2 Likes

even have the dual flask swing arm from summit just in case the hot condenser doesnt push past the receiving flask properly

4 Likes

How much did you get that summit piece for?

like 200, 250 maybe. not exactly sure beecause it was an item included in a large order

1 Like