Hose type to bleed nitro out of CLS?

What type of hosing can I use on my CLS for bleeding out nitrogen?

In the past I had extra Stainless Steel Braided PTFE Hosing to use, but now I have to get more hoses and then wondering if there’s a cheaper alternative? The hose is only going to be used for bleeding nitro, not transferring or touching any liquid solvent. Are air compressor hoses or similar ok to use or do I have to just stick with steel hose for this? Thanks guys.

1 Like

I would just get the stainless hoses that you’re using for everything else. It’s good to have back up. I just purge my nitrogen to atmosphere so no hose needed.

2 Likes

I use 3/4” reinforced vinyl water line, plumbed outside. Very cheap

2 Likes

Back in the day we referred to it as the “cartel line”, a line that was placed outside to vent gases. I would just use standard ptfe/ braided lines.

1 Like

He is venting his nitrogen to atmosphere also, just outside of his work space.

3 Likes

Is there a benefit to bleeding outside of the work space?

1 Like

Without a doubt some butane vapor escapes at the same time as nitro so it’s def beneficial to vent it outside

Air compressor hose is fine

6 Likes

I get it. Like excessive caution. I pour in my workspace so I guess so I’m comfortable with a little tane in the area. Maybe I just feel my workspace is safely ventilated. I could totally be wrong though.

2 Likes

Anyone have a silencer? Lol

Pvc with plastic scrubbies, just like nitrous back in the day

4 Likes

LP350 hose works

Depending on volume and pressure and how much noise reduction you want/need, I’d start with something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-IN-BOX-ALWITCO-1-2-MALE-NPT-ATOMUFFLER-AIR-EXHAUST-MUFFLER-0111005/333214995661?hash=item4d952954cd:g:Ea4AAOSwX21c7pwC:sc:USPSPriority!80520!US!-1

Used to use something very similar for filling paintball CO2 tanks at a previous job years ago, seemed to work well offgassing 500+ PSI from the fill valve without making everyone within earshot deaf.

3 Likes

Stick to the Teflon. HFS has 9ft hoses 1/4" for like 25$. You need to source your hoses cheaper.

1 Like