Horizontal columns

I said i wasnt using them.

1 Like

You ever look at his pic??? Lmao, shit is great.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Dirty birdy. :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

I’m 96% sure bhogart doesn’t and never has stocked 6x60

1 Like

Not that ive ever seen, but i also avoid that place like the plaque unless absolutely necessary. There pretty much done up here anyway.

Late to the party…
didn’t get the invite :shushing_face:

Not a lot left to say…thanks to @eyeworm, @TheGratefulPhil & @Concentrated_humbold.

Would I use those for hydrocarbon extraction? Nope!

Would I try and figure out some other way to use them? Quite probably…

One that stayed fairly close to ambient temps, and below 15psi. The only thing that comes to mind was stolen from @chempistry upthread…and if one could afford to pack those things with C18, then chances are one could afford more appropriate chromatography columns.

If we were moving milk around in a dairy, then the risks involved would seem pretty minimal, but given the intended use (thermal cycling, under pressure, while full of flammable gas), the risk doesn’t seem worth the cost savings.

@Rainbowp3nis, glad you’ve decided not to put the cannabis in these particular tubes.

Perhaps they could be used for stripping terpenes under vacuum?!?

bonus points if you get the “heat” by painting them black and racking them up (horizontally!) in the sunshine…

5 Likes

I think I love you @eyeworm :joy:

But seriously, well stated.

1 Like

I loved my GOped as a kid. We would cruise around a pack of like 10 of us. Some of my best childhood memories!

3 Likes

I’d love some beat up stainless to practice welding on.

1 Like

Well he has them for 100 a pop

I almost have the $180 it’ll cost me to to outfit my Hobart mig with 308 wire and helium shield gas. To fix things like this.

I’ll experiment with scrap first. I’ve welded carbon steel air tanks so I think I can get it done. But I have to do some studying on how to prep for stainless and post treatment.

I only say this because it would be elevated temps and low pressure…

You could use them as shells for shell and tube heat exchangers/FFE solvent recovery. Not ideal, but certainly a better use than scrap.

3 Likes

Gopeds were awesome, first experience in modification and fabrication as a kid.

5 Likes

Same. Mine was named ruth. Idk why dumb name. I had the k&n intake, a pipe, hp carb, cool head for the cylinder, upgraded spindle, timing key, hp fan and even was known to rubber band a lunchbox ice pack to my intake bahahahha!

1 Like

Nice, yes that same mindset of trying to squeeze another .1hp or a few pounds of torque is the same as trying to increase performance on extraction and distillation equipment, squeezing as much efficiency and speed as possible

2 Likes

Need some scrap? I will send you some to practice on if you pay for the postage, I can pack it in a flat rate box.

For prep you can grind the metal with zirconia abrasives, avoid using steel tools with stainless or tools that worked with steel in the past. Make sure you learn how to use your shielding gas for back purging the weld. You will have to learn how to manage your heat, overheat the stainless and you can run into carbide precipitation (grey ghost/ icicles).

4 Likes

where, geo-spacially, these columns be?

'cause @GreenMachine_Consult be playing with the terp strippin as suggested above.

see: What kind of SOPs does the community need/want? I'll be writing them and posting here and to my blog - #23 by GreenMachine_Consult

1 Like

I went there first.
but implosions have always seemed friendlier :upside_down_face:

1 Like

will some one tell that to china?
please?!?

this too while we’re at it…

2 Likes

Dude, i seriously just got a Goped a few days ago from @GreenMachine_Consult, lmao

Gonna rebuild it :call_me_hand:

3 Likes