Hoping someone can help identify the model numbers of this Olympus microscope

Not 100% sure if this is the most appropriate category for my post, but I saw another microscope question here, so might as well. So I’ve been shopping for a decent, older compound bi or trinocular microscope. Mainly for checking trichomes at home sometimes, and whatever scientific curiosities my kids come up with. I had saved this one on ebay a while back I guess. Then tonight, ended up getting a discount offered by the seller that was too good to pass on. I bought it, because at this price, even a cheap microscope would have been great, and I know olympus is well regarded even for their older microscopes.

Long story short though, I have been trying to find a model number, or numbers if it’s a Frankenstein of different parts. Once I have those, searching for documentation should hopefully be easier.

I’m not super familiar with microscopes beyond the basic types. What sort of light source is on this one? Is the knob a dimmer for the light source, or used for some other function? I read through every single model on the Olympus Tokyo museum website, but didn’t see any that looked like this.

If this is the wrong section, please let me know. I figured with as many scientific and biology minded folks on this forum, someone is bound to recognize the model, or be able to point me in the right direction.

Also, these are not my pics, or I’d check the tag. These were on the ad.

1 Like