Hong Kong Protest delaying shipments?

Heyyooo

Sooo I made a purchase for some all glass carts and my shits been held in Hong Kong for about 4 days now.

DHL swears it’s weather

But I ordered something off an Instagram ad(I know. Usually they don’t get me but I had a weak moment)

And didn’t find out till a week later it was being shipped directly from China.

That’s about a month late and is also being held in Hong Kong

From what I can see, the weather is fine in Hong Kong.

But then I found this…

https://www.joc.com/international-logistics/china-hong-kong-cargoes-delayed-heightened-customs-scrutiny_20191031.html

Anyone else having these issues?

1 Like

@Ascent

Hes around the area I think. Maybe he can chime in.

1 Like

I have 1 shipment still holding in Hongkong for around 2 days now just checked and haven’t picked up by DHL yet.
Normally, our shipping agency receive the goods the earlier day before 12:00am or 1:00pm, we’ll have the waybill number the same day and after 1 day late to have DHL picked up the goods. Shipping efficient depends on the flights,peak season or not, and a variety of accidents (Like thing in Hong Kong now). Some flights have been cancelled according to current situation in HongKong. Google please

Currently,I advise you guys to make sure your supplier will use China mainland DHL rather than Hongkong DHL. Fairly, cost of China mainland DHL will cost more a bit than HongKong DHL but better shipping efficient

3 Likes

You`d better to ask your supplier directly
what’s happening.
They had the newest info. given by their shipping agency already . It’s much more easier to know if your supplier can tell the truth.

2 Likes

Man I feel like my last shipment from @ascent arrive 3 days after ordering it. Lol almost as quick as Amazon prime! Haha. Maybe they shipped it when I first alerted him of the order before paying for it a day or two after

4 Likes

Ascent is on top of the shipping game. Carts from china in 3 or 4 days…pretty sweet.

4 Likes

I can’t remember if you or someone we shipped your order to our shipping agency one day before you paid.
Cheers for the trusty for both of us:grinning:

3 Likes

If you want faster? Try China mainland DHL:rofl:

1 Like

Jupiter was sending out notices. Of delayed shipping in Dec do to the Chinese new year. Could be like a week or 2 delay I think. I deleted the email so going off memory and the details are a bit fuzzy.

1 Like

Just ordered from @Ascent. Let’s see if mine gets caught up in the delay. Fingers crossed

2 Likes

Correct.
Xmas is approching so it’s peak season for shipping…
Also, Chinese New Year is coming. We only have 1 month more for production days and then off work having fun for 10-15 days holidays, maybe more days as current market is bad

During these time, goods have to wait in a very long takeoff queue. Bad!

1 Like

Man they were here like 3 days free I paid! I couldn’t believe it! Hahaha

3 Likes

2 days passed. Mine here tracking number picked up

2 Likes

Thanks for all the info. It finally touched down in Ohio! I should have it by Monday.

Between holidays n protest stuff gonna to be slow

All my shit is coming fast! I don’t see none of this delay stuff. If I’m getting express it’s here in 5-7 days.

1 Like

Let’s see when mine hits the doorstep. Placed order 2 days ago.

Yours need production days, not enough stock here

Don’t compare Man