Homogenization: Uniform Cannabinoid Potency in Solutions

Understood on the low viscosity and immediate cleaning. We are making 1-2l batch sizes at this time, but will be going bigger in the near future. Nothing exceeding 20l.

Does the X1740 come stock with the G40 (V) Generator shaft? Or are they separate components?

Hi there,

Generally manufacturers of tabletop stator-rotor type homogenizers will list the viscosity ranges that are acceptable for the unit. Generally, with heat, youā€™re likely to meet those requirements, but it will require more PPE and more carefully crafted SOPs because it can get dangerous with hot gelatin.

As a side note I just wanted to add that the homogenization occurs in the space between the stator and rotor, the small gap and high velocity of the rotor verses the static stator allows for a generation of high sheer-stress that basically rips larger molecular conglomerates into smaller fractions.

If anyone has questions, Iā€™m very familiar with using these in the biotech industry.

There are also much higher throughout homogenizers that arenā€™t handheld.

7 Likes

Price?

Yes, the X1740 Homogenizer comes stock with the G40 (V) Generator Shaft, Stand, Special Clamp, and rotor-stator wrenches.

https://catscientific.com/homogenizer-drives/x1740-high-power-homogenizer-drive/

1 Like

Hi - saw your post re homogenizers; weā€™re looking at the cat 1740 to make hard candies/gummies. Do you have experience with any other manufacturers of reliable equipment?

CAT is a good brandā€”Iā€™ve worked with IKA (Ultra-Turrax) homogenizers previously. What really matters is that it reaches the speeds you want, and that the rotor/stator assembly is well made. Beyond that, itā€™s a labā€™s prerogative to get whatever they think is reasonable from a financial perspective.

2 Likes

Hi . I have done several experiments with several rotor stator homogenizer and yes it works but is not stable long see ā€¦ 2-3 weeks.

One of the applications we used the Cat homogenizer for, was mixing a full extract cannabis oil with vegetable glycerin, without having small globs of rejected constituents floating in the VG solution. We were also able to increase percent saturation. Here is a Wayback archive of that test article.

5 Likes

link or it didnā€™t happen buddy :wink:

3 Likes

Oops! Game changer Emulsifying Vegetable Glycerin and BHO for E-Juice | Skunk Pharm Research LLC

5 Likes

I thought I had you coveredā€¦

Did I post the wrong version?!?

1 Like

Sorry, just getting used to the format.

1 Like

Hey @CATScientific do you happen to have updated link for this? I am looking into getting the X1000 with a G shaft and ā€œVā€ Generator!!

Theyā€™re no longer around

2 Likes

I understand @CATScientific website is down I was just looking for some guidance before purchasingā€¦too late now.

1 Like

I found a decent deal on an x1000 with a g20 (N) generator shaft. I know the V series is recommended, but could the N series handle distillate and terps at a 8% cut at lower volumes perhaps than the V series? Also, has anybody found a good source to order the g20 (v) shaft by itself?

2 Likes

Yes @BigChongus I just ordered our complete x1000 setup! Click Here

1 Like

Anyone using the x1000d with the g30 type f Vs the x1740 w/ the g40 type f?

Appreciate it man!