Homogenization Duty Time: Distillate & Terpenes...

Which type of shaft do you have?

GV20 I believe

There is no emulsion being made when mixing distillate and terpenes.

Ive never lubed it. I also just have 2 or 3 cleaning jugs of ethanol. Labeled 1,2 and 3. I run it for 30 sec in each jug one after the other. At the end of the day jug 1 gets recovered in the roto. Jug 2 becomes jug 1, and jug 3 becomes jug 2. Jug 3 gets refilled with fresh alcohol.
Took about 50 runs b4 seals and stuff were replaced. (1 a week for 1 year) Bought a 5 pack of orings from @qma years ago and i still have 2 left

That’s definitely not the way to care for that shaft when used with cannabanoids. There is a pocket between the o-ring and the ceramic that will accumulate a cannabanoid/solvent blend and will work its way up into the interior of the shaft. Once the pocket inside the shaft fills with that mixture, it will start to leak back out, dripping nasty black drips of burnt oil into your blends.

Thats the best case scenario for mixing like that. The best way is disassembling the lower portion of the shaft and wiping those parts dry

The g40v2 is designed to be cleaned in the way you described. The g40v2 shaft is only compatible with the 1740 drive motor

1 Like

For clarification, the g40v2 is the newer, updated g40 where the ceramic piece no longer comes out for cleaning? On this newer model, you recommend cleaning the way Thetetraguy described? Would you still recommend disassembly (removing the stator / rotor ) on the new g40v2 after running in etoh, or is simply running it in solvent sufficient?

Thank you for your continued help and knowledge on homogenization and these homogenizers.

1 Like

Yes, with that particular shaft, you can clean using the sop outlined by @Thetetraguy

I recommend the same sop with the cart farmer, a more thorough disassembly and wipe down at the end of the day. To accomplish this you simply remove the shaft and then un thread the rotor followed by the stator.

1 Like

You are THE MAN! Thank you!