Homemade heat wrap/coil for cart gun

I bought a $30 metal syringe gun, glass tube, shoots 1mL at a time but no heating element or anything, I try to save money and DiY if I can, this is one of those times. I wanted to wrap the tube part in tinfoil, wrap hand warmers around it with more tinfoil to make sure the distillate doesn’t homogenize inside the cart gun and to keep it viscous. However this requires constant maintenance. Another option I thought of is just making a sort of heat coil/pad that can wrap around it. Has anyone here tried something like this?

1 Like

Yes Sir, it’s called heat tape.

1 Like

Pid + thermocouple + heat tape
Pid + thermocouple → amazon
Heat tape → briskheat
Youtube + wire clippers + screwdriver + 30 min = job done

4 Likes

What is a pid and thermocouple

I will look into it thank you

1 Like

Don’t forget some pictures

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/TA4-SNR-Thermocouple-SNR-Temperature-Controller/dp/B0195V53X8/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=pid&qid=1617580687&sr=8-6

This good?

2 Likes

I don’t wanna get memed on too hard but maybe if I can successfully pull this off I’ll provide a picture and function video. Be a fun little side project to do tbh.

Lol dont worry no one needs a picture and function video, weve all bootstraped a pid and heat tape together b4.
Google. Google. Google.

But that link u posted is on the right track

1 Like

Appreciate the help. Google hasn’t provided much so I’m going off base knowledge and future. I got the 3 things I believe I’ll need from what you said.

Wed like to help but honestly this is pretty simple and youll learn much more researching ur self and youtube then if we gave u step by step instructions, just my 2 cents

3 Likes

Trial and error yes. I think I have what I need.

https://www.amazon.com/BriskHeat-XtremeFLEX-Plastic-Bending-Heater/dp/B0095ZGN8Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=briskheat&qid=1617581288&sr=8-6

I just wanted to see what u come up w I had no faul intentions asking to see a picture

2 Likes

What about some kind of crazy heat gun style rig? Where you press the syringe gun and the heat gun turns on at the same time but is aimed at the syringe gun at certain angle where it’ll constantly provide the right temp and heat… I’m stoned.

1 Like

You WANT your distillate to remain homogenized, and you heat it to LOWER the viscosity.

Until you’ve wrapped your head around those two, maybe you should save the tinfoil for a hat…

Honey is viscous, water is not…

Have you looked at the cart farmer? It is the device you are describing…

https://cart.farm/product-category/manual-cartridge-fillers/

3 Likes

Ahh my mistake lol. Im used to 4chan internet style of humor and memes. I will still provide pictures of it when I build it. I haven’t heard of many people diy’ing something like this is why I was nervous about asking lol. Thought I’d be looked at as a tweaker lmaoo. But I learned there’s plenty of others in the same boat.

A couple ppl here have actually did just what u say…one of em markets and sells them here he did so good

2 Likes

Yes but I don’t want to spend an arm and a left testicle for one. I like diy anyways. Also I realized my misuse of the terms, simply used viscous as a way to describe the distillate when I heat it with water. Apologies for misuse of terms, still learning the terminology here. I assumed homogenize meant it started to “thicken” and chunk back up when cooling down(hence why I’m making a heat coil)

I thought about doing that tbh if I made it well, start making them and upcharging a small amount but I’m sadly no engineer lol. Only be making one or 2 for at home use. I see the price tags on premade ones and its an automatic turn off.

Nope. Which would be why the definition was linked. Homo == same.

Not suggesting you trade in arm/leg/left nut.

Just making sure you (and the next however many) understand the problem (and the solution you should aim to emulate).

The tinfoil hat jab was irresistible…but not meant to offend.

2 Likes