Home scale vape cart - best method?

Hey all,

I’ve been doing a ton of reading on the site over the past couple months and pulled in many directions in terms of what I’d like to do w/ my home harvest. I’m looking for opinions on the best method of home-scale extraction to turn into a vape cart. What’s your opinion?? Yield and creating an oil that will flow/not clog the cart is my highest priority (terps are second). Bucket tech w EtOH? Butane? propane? I don’t have the budget for a closed loop system. Basically looking to see what people think would be the most practical small scale/home scale extraction procedure that would turn a 16oz of biomass into a vape-able product (for less than $1000). I don’t care too much about preserving terps, but would be nice to have a cart that smelled/tasted like the real thing.

Thoughts??

Merry Christmas!

For that price, water washing is probably going to give you the best end product. Maybe a quick wash in a polar solvent. Have you looked for a lab to just process the material for you?

3 Likes

Not because you didn’t notice….

Because: cross links

Super cold butane extraction paired with a very high quality cart logistics.farm

You can get a used CLS for dirt nothin nowadays.

3 Likes

Super confused by that statement

6 Likes

Basically he doesn’t care about roasting the oil but doesn’t want fake flavors

1 Like

Dry sift with 160 or 120um “silk screen” from amazon. Collect trichomes and “quiso” wash with freezer temp 95% ethanol, aka everclear. Evap ethanol and decarb in small glass vessel like half pint mason jar. Heat the oil (~20sec microwave bursts) to reduce viscosity, load in empty cart with syringe with needle (I forget the needle bore diameter though).

If the quiso wash picks up too much lipids, might need to do a cold crash by letting ethanol extract set on dry ice. Also if after evap/decarb, it is too solid… You may need to thin with terps but can use cheap botanical terps, fuckit.

1 Like