Highest potency test you received

The highest I’ve received was a 100.3% from SClabs back in 2016 when they were PRE-ISO. They gave me a 99.94 after I called to bitch them out for the mathematical anomaly :joy:

What about you guys? Anyone else ever test off the spectrum?

They gave me a ppm on butane when it was an ethanol extraction, never used them again.

5 Likes

There are test reports floating around here of 106% :grin:

1 Like

Not surprising. Does that mean the labs testing sample for GCMS was 6% below 99.99% purity?

One lab gave me hexane and pentane BDL when I use N butane and only N butane. Sad to say I still used them lol but they never did it again lol

1 Like

I had an RSA that showed butane even though I use CO2. Called the lab and busted their chops about it. Turns out they didn’t clean well enough between samples. A retest showed no butane.

3 Likes

My buddy and I set up PSI labs to see if they were honest and actually testing.

Same cola, cut into 3 pieces. All dropped off same time with 3 different strain names.

We got back 3 far far diifferent results. 16%, 20%, and 27%.

I lmao every time I hear about psi labs here in Michigan. Scammer lab!

2 Likes

Reference labs in oregon - submitted three 1 gram samples from the same distillate, results were 55, 75, 89%

2 Likes

@Kingofthekush420 where’s your 103% report?

Lol

1004 MG/G

This batch would get you EXTRA faded lol

The PK bros on IG just posted this lol

3 Likes

Both these were made on SS wiped films.

If you keep in mind every cannabinoid test result has an error bar around it, you can see why results above 100 are possible if each one errors on the high end.

3 Likes

What’s the highest test you ever saw running that testing facility?

I bet you’ve seen some shit lol

I think we’d released results above 100% for some extracts. If you just release the results as they come from the machine without modification, you can expect it to happen every now and then. And honestly i think it is a more legitimate thing to do than to arbitrarily cut the numbers. But customers don’t like it because it’s an error anyone can see even if they know nothing about testing. If they submit an extract that’s 98.1% and you read 2% low (96.1%), nobody bats an eye. But if you read 2% high (100.1%) suddenly you get an angry phone call.

As far as strange results I’ve seen, I’ve seen distillate so degraded with mystery peaks it only had 30% identifiable cannabinoids. One very very large company (biggest extractor in Oregon) couldn’t get distillate above 70% for same reason and blamed us for testing it wrong. People with flowers testing at 16% and them yelling at us that it’s impossible because “it’s super fire”. On the good end i got flower that tested at 33%. We didn’t believe it so we retested 5 times but it was true. I think they’ve seen even more potent stuff after i left.

3 Likes

Same with me. I think it’s a shame these guys don’t live up to their sop and we pay close to a grand per COA to have to school their technicians.

1 Like

I was told about 5-7% margin of error is normal

My highest was 104% ive gotten 6 this year over 100% total cannabinoids on live resin without much terps.

Now thats interesting live resin in the 90 s% is mighty high
What is your personal opinion on these numbers for live resin ?

They aren’t too far off its dewaxed and ran extremely cold so its basically just thca diamonds with whatever amount of terps it has, the ones with less terps are basically just all cannabinoids.

Intersting :+1:Thx