Highest Grounds Coffee (Cannabinoid Infused Coffee!) Review

I’m not sure I’d need to do some experiments.

In the meantime for best and consistent effect, get a kcup maker :wink:

1 Like

Review of the ones i’ve tried so far:

First off, BIG shoutout to homie for including some extra pods in my order. I handed out a few of them so that I could get a little more diverse feedback, everyone I’ve mentioned it to is like ‘whoaaaaa cool’

NOTE: I was able to use a keurig (not mine) for one of these brews; for the others, I don’t own a keurig at home, so I attempted to poke a bunch of holes in the bottom of the cup, cut a hole in the top, and brew it ‘pourover’ style; this took way too long, like 10mins of pouring, so I ended up just dumping them into a screen strainer and pouring hot water through it, again pourover style.
I opted for this because in the first keurig brew i made i noticed a rainbowy-oily sheen on the top of the brew. I know dark roast can make for oils at the top like this, but it’s safe to assume these could also be the ‘goodies’, so using a screen strainer vs. a paper filter would be ideal so as not to absorb those goodies into the filter.
If others find themselves in a similar position, I recommend NOT using paper filters, and using the method above or something like a french press, which effectively decants the grounds and lets oils float to the top where they’ll pour off nicely, or an aeropress, which uses pressure to assist in injecting them into your cup.

Original Jane: I brewed this one up in the morning on a day off, and abstained from smoking/vaping. I didn’t feel it as much as one would expect to feel 30mg, which was fine, my experience was a nice effect on my body, relaxing with low anxiety and pretty clear alert brain. I was hiking briskly and it joined really well with the experience, felt relaxed and loose and aware but not ‘stoned out’. definitely a fan, a really nice experience

Energetic Jane: First brew I’ll admit was hard to discern much of an effect, probably bc i was zombie-tired from like 3hrs of sleep. Felt like this one was kind of a wash, decided to try again later.
Second brew treated me very well, I felt nice and clear-headed, fog lifted nicely from my brain. Basically it felt like getting a boost I normally feel from two coffees, in one coffee, though with slightly less of that jittery caffeine edge.

I will admit to having tastes more in the medium- to light-roast range so flavor wise, not quite to my tastes–but not a dealbreaker as that wasn’t really the point of why I was drinking them was it. However if some options were offered in those roasts that’d be dope (I realize this is something you’ll work towards with time)

I have yet to try the double-dose OG Jane or the decaf-CBN variety, will report back once I do.
I wanted to share a thought/suggestion though: even though the decaf-CBN is decaf, I know that for me simply smelling coffee will have a slight stimulant effect on the body, and it would feel strange to be drinking coffee before bed, decaf or not. I wonder if this would be better suited for combo with some kind of tea instead? They’re brewable in a keurig so long as they’re taken down to the proper particle size. Maybe an herbal variety, chamomile, lemon balm, etc? Take that or leave it, just a thought.

all in all i’m a fan, great work! I do believe I’ll be ordering more for personal fun and for gifts, i get great reactions from everyone who sees these, just a clearly great product idea. cheers and thanks again for the extras!

4 Likes