Higher % = Better Product! 🤨

In colorado dispensaries we were instructed to dust the flowers going out for testing in trim kief. Best believe the fun never ends

6 Likes

When everything was medical in MI, our local testing facility and medical dispensary was owned by the same family. They paid on THC %. Somehow, their friends had higher testing numbers destined for the dispensary.

I’ve seen some fire hemp at 8-10% that looked awesome and had an amazing nose. They are just being silly.

I’ve had a real bitch of a time explaining to people that the reason our products test lower than others whose bud is less sugary and generally shit is because of this. People sell shit that’s seeded and claim it’s running 30%. Seen the same thing with people doping manufactured products too. I’d happily donate reagents/consumables to a watchdog group that just goes around testing and calls bullshit on everyone’s kiefed up numbers

3 Likes

Yeah, I can understand that, getting setup with some of this stuff myself. I don’t think you need anything site wise; or perhaps not even at all - this forum is a great market place for small scale buyers like me - a couple pounds here and there.

All the best moving your product, hopefully you find someone to appreciate it!

3 Likes

Don’t they do a visual inspection with a microscope for mold and contaminants when they test? Wouldn’t that catch sexed up buds?

1 Like

Other than the labs have incentive to ignore the pile of loose trichs and give people a higher test result. The people who kief their testing samples know which labs will just ignore that shit

2 Likes

Bigger numbers are easier to market. See:

1. Megapixels in cameras
  2. Resolution on displays
  3. Cannabinoid % on weed (both CBD and THC)
  4. Bits in Video Game consoles
  5. Number of Cores in computer processors
    Etc…

That being said, I feel you on your CBD hemp woes. When smokable hemp was thing in Indiana for a short while in 2019, for shits-n-giggles me and the guys I was working with went and bought some of the “dankest shit you’ll find in the Midwest” according to the CBD store guy. The label said 21% CBD and 0.1% THC and it literally looked like little brown poop popcorn nugs with ZERO hemp or terpene smell at all and it smoked like I was smoking a goddamn Marlboro Red.

The moral of this story is that in the short-term, it’s easier and more financially beneficial to market your product to the uneducated masses (BIGGER NUMBER IS BETTER HERP DERP) than it is to try and compete in a niche. The fact that CBD is overrun with Chads just exacerbates this issue.

3 Likes