Higher % = Better Product! šŸ¤Ø

I am running into the same issue time and time again selling hemp flower, with multiple retail stores refusing to purchase any flower under 15% CBD.

I have beautiful KNF grown fresh organic flower from a local 1 acre farm located within an hour of these retail locations.

Smokes amazing, trimmed up great, very clean terpy flower with a nice effect. Most of the flower is testing between 10 and 12% CBD. Extremely competitive pricing.

Sight unseen, the stores refuse to purchase it because of the CBD %, but will happily purchase the year+ old sour space candy that I have from oregon that tested at 19% CBD. On a regular basis.

How has this idiotic purchasing practice been perpetuated into the hemp side of the industry and how do I explain to retail stores and consumers that one single cannabinoid does not dictate the entire experience of consuming this flower?

Any input would be greatly appreciated as always, I hope everyoneā€™s having a great week much love.

9 Likes

Maybe put together an information pamphlet that you can hand out to your retail locations (and that they can then pass out to custys)? Itā€™s a thought, and I think itā€™s one that is actually workable, and you might get your money back on printing the pamphlets with their first order of this much better, but lower % flower.

9 Likes

Hemp will never ā€œget itā€
Youā€™re looking for dispensary knowledge at chad stores and thatā€™s a huge wall.
They donā€™t value terpenes profiles or strain names etc. They value numbers.
Iā€™d be selling that shit with huge ads showing 8% D LIMONENE 10% CBD and be like how much % do your flowers have

You gotta advertise those numbers and make them propped up like cbd is

18% total badassery

13 Likes

Maybe I just need to open my own retail location already. Have more than enough products to do so.

@Capttripppp working on brochures this week for other items will def be doing a flower one now as well thank you.

7 Likes

Shit Iā€™ll take some. We are making some stuff that doesnā€™t matter cbd content I want amazing smell and flavor

4 Likes

You said ā€œsight unseenā€ they turn it down on a point basis, maybe you should ā€œrub their nose in itā€ so to speak, smack them on the nose w a pamphlet, as mentioned. I know the hemp Iā€™ve seen in stores looks like wizard weed. Whatā€™s yours look like?

3 Likes

Just be like ā€¦
Oh you think itā€™s the cbd people want ā€¦ got it ā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s actually something that I have been thinking of myself for some time now. Breaking down the terps, and explaining (somewhat) their role. Explaining the entourage effect, and the things that can affect the feelings one gets from the various constituents in the budā€¦ Really drop some info though. Iā€™m always amazed by how little some of these owners know about the very things they are sellingā€¦ And of course the end of chain custys only know what theyā€™ve been told by their budtenders that have no clueā€¦
Edit: And YES open your retail!!! Itā€™s time to take the next step!

1 Like

Iā€™d just get the leafly profile and print that shit

Be likeā€¦ Check the reviews mfr

I got that KNF KUSH

Sometimes when you get push back all you gotta do is dumb that education down to make others feel like they should have already known.

4 Likes

Not the best picture, but itā€™s great flower. Couple different phenos of the same strain. Unsure of what wizard weed is

4 Likes

I have a tried and true sales method.

ā€œHere, try thisā€.

9 Likes

10/10 would smoke!

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I meant to say haha

1 Like

95% of the people i know think a thca diaomond will be better than a 85% life resin with >10% terpenes, because the only variable they understand is the TAC potency.

its just lack of knowledge and the wrong people teaching them what they should believe.

9 Likes

Do you sell direct?

Its due to customer perception. I managed hemp retail for over a year. The other posters are right that all the stores usually care about is %
You must have an amazing terp profile and a great trim job to sell otherwise.
Bring samples, send samples to shops.

Also, DM me if you wanna sell a small sample, id be interested in trying it

4 Likes

7 Likes

Not yet, payment processing is a hassle on smokable hemp and I mainly deal with stores I already sell my other product line to.

Direct would be great though I would need a separate site for the smokable flower demographic.

2 Likes

Seriously. I tell people this all the time that just cause the THC content is above 20% doesnā€™t automatically make it better. Also a lot of places get their stuff tested by more than one place and usually pick the one with the highest results. Itā€™s a shitty practice to just always sell the highest THC and say fuck it to even trying a new strain.

At least thatā€™s how it is as a consumer on the THC side of things.

2 Likes

Yeah and then thereā€™s the sad truth. That the market dictates product. Thereā€™s some really beautifully hand crafted strains out there that will probably never see the market but will be in a seed collection. :disappointed::worried: Itā€™s sad tbh

2 Likes