High pressure homogenizer SOPS

What’s up 4200 community hope All is well, I am Looking for some guidance on creating a nanoemulsuion using a High pressure homogenizer. Does anyone have their hands on some SOP’s ? I am just starting my R&D and wanted to start where I know some of the absolute best knowledge exist. @Future @Photon_noir @Shadownaught @Pharmer_Joe @cyclopath would love some direction boys :pray:t3:

Im just sayin, maybe pay up for glg and they may be more helpful to a non poster. I havent heard of that device on here as its a high volume device.

1 Like

LoL hey thanks for the advice @thumper But lets let them answer for themselves :+1:t3:

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t have a written SOP, but i can tell you my emulsions became stable at around the 30,000 psi area.

3 Likes

I mean you guys could just not comment.

@TetraWorx
The process we had used a ultrasonic bellhorn a homogenizer and a hand held mixer(nothing special) the homogenizer was used to make the emulsifier, hand held mixer was used to mix emulsified cannabinoids in water.

From my understanding you need a really high quality/high pressure homogenizer to make nano but I could be wrong. What I do know is ultrasonic can get you 7.5 gallons probly more of homogenized emulsifer/ product/water shredded down to 200 nm in 1 hr.

2 Likes

This sounds like industrial scale production, which should require cGMP… so a particle size analyzer should be part of the Quality Assurance System. Once you have that, developing a method of production, starting with the basic use instruction for the homogenizer, should be a breeze. You would want something like that to be your own trade secret, anyway… at least long enough to pay off the expensive equipment and quality analysis instrumentation, and hopefully long enough to make a worthy profit before competition is too fierce.

5 Likes

Laziest OP ever

@TetraWorx i see your in cali, the facility i work with has a particle size analyzer in so cal(type 7/distro.)

If you ever have product you want to test feel free to contact me, I’m sure we could work something out.

I have an SOP to make your own emulsifier as well a little expensive but well worth it if you intend to order anything over 5 kilos from sonomechanics… our product usually tests around 200nm that test was after we mixed the Sonicated goodies with glycerine and a ingredient for shelf life.

@Photon_noir I don’t mind a little competition if you have referrals looking for an SOP on so. Welcome to any vetting necessary :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you can adjust the wavelength & amplitude to achieve 10-15nm particles, let me know! That’s the size range required for higher efficiency absorption into the bloodstream than a typical water emulsion or even an oil solution of cannabinoids. :wink:

5 Likes

what would you use to mask the bitterness?

Where is the bitterness coming from sir?

What source do you have for that? I am actually well on my way to honing in on a process for that.

3 Likes

I have a paper where they achieved 3 nm and they have full bioassay data on. I’ll send it your way
It was 2x more bioavailable and MUCH faster onset shorter duration.

6 Likes

Wow how did they do that? That’s quite the small size

3 Likes

Post paper?

Would love to see that paper, wow

1 Like

I love the sound of that!! :hugs:

Poor encapsulation… taste receptors get flooded with nano particles…