High DLI gardens

For those of us growing indoors, with Co2 and LEDs, what are you running your CO2 at in your gardens? I’m currently at 1200 and feeling like they could use some more honestly. DLI at the canopy is about 40 with 2.0 ec jacks feed w AGT 50, Silica and a Big Time Dry Enzyme Powder.

4 Likes

Mine bounces between 1100-1500 ppm. The VPD and brix content is going to be more important than CO2. I haven’t added up my DLI.

5 Likes

We are hitting 55+ in the agnetix spot. Still slowly cranking DLI up until we see problems. Turned all the way up, that room hits 2200ppfd and we aren’t there yet. I’ve been going up 5 dli, waiting 2ish weeks, getting a tissue analysis then cranking up another 5 if everyone is happy.

6 Likes

What’s your VPD, co2 and ec?

2 Likes

So I guess I have to buy one of those new new VPD monitors hahah. Anyone gotta discount on the pulse grow systems ?

1 Like

You can just take several samples at the canopy surface using an infrared temperature thermometer. Humidity meters (hygrometers) all around the garden.

2 Likes

I run right around 2000 - 2300 ppm co2. 1800 - 2200 ppfd. 48-55 RH.

2 Likes

It’s not mine, I just have the privilege of getting to work in a room with all the cool toys. Last time I was there vpd was 1.8 based on leaf temp, 2600ppm co2, I think they were 2.7ec in on feed. The owner likes the ec a bit higher than I would choose, but it’s ultimately his call, he just creates more runoff than I would. We basically crank the lights up, then crank up the co2 and nutritionals until they are happy at that light level, then repeat. My main responsibility there is to interpret the tissue data and tweak the nutritionals as needed.

6 Likes

Have any of you guys tried running a 11-13 light schedule with high dli gardens?

1 Like

Sounds like it would mimic those sunrise/sunset settings on LED’s when it comes to DLI. The only time I’ve done 11/13 was trying to get pure sativas to finish up.

2 Likes

i run 10/14 in my flower rooms and 16/8 in veg. been doing it like this for about a year now, and i have yet to see any difference in quality or quantity. havent calculated dli, but theres a ton of light, dialed in vpd, and co2 in all the rooms

3 Likes

When you guys are using co2 are you just conditioning and filtering the air and recirculating it or are you exhausting the air from the room as well?

what size space with all the co2? I have a small 4 burner generator and it runs almost all the time for 1200 ppm

recirculating
you will want to exhaust every now and then to prevent buildup of undesirable gas (ethylene i think? SO2 can be a problem too), but ime that is accomplished by going in and out of the room, forgetting to close doors, etc. you could throw an exhaust fan on a timer set to dump the whole room once a day or so if you wanted to get fancy about it

3 Likes

i dont think people exhaust using co2 unless its on a cycle timer. my area is less than sealed but not exhausting. I may use a fan with humidity and heat settings to turn on or off this winter and intake cold air to the room

Sealed 40 ft high cube. I run a cylinder. Works insanely well as far as controlling environment. Super cramped.

I also never cycle my co2 out. I do lose a bit everytime I go in and out. My cylinder kicks on a handful of times a week.

i dunno where all my co2 goes? the plants seem to drink it up. I was not sealed sealed but just a room with drywall

Do you have negative pressure in the room? If you have any positive pressure the first thing out is your heavy co2. The smallest crack is plenty for gas.

1 Like

I have run 1500 forever

I have almost killed plants with 3k from dry ice

Almost killed muselg with 6k and killed lots of plants form lots of dry ice totes

My room is pretty much sealed, only air exchanges w outside when I open the door and a 100lb co2 tank pretty much lasts me 1.5 cycles @ 1000-1200ppm, for the 20 bucks or whatever the tank costs its very worth it.

3 Likes