High CBN Conversion Methods

I’ll be in Vegas Saturday and Sunday

5 Likes

A specific catalyst in the flask will convert d9 into d10a

5 Likes

That specific catalyst is converting only d9? Not messing with any other cannabinoids within the flask?

3 Likes

What is this catalyst?

6 Likes

Start throwing everything I can find in my junk drawer

2 Likes

Specific catalyst? Guessing it’s a secret…

1 Like

My mother liquor from CBD Isolate after crash.

2 Likes

I want to obviously remove this THC or convert it to make THC free distillate. Going to try iodine.

3 Likes

Lol nice kik ID - go away. No one wants you here DRUGQ.

2 Likes

A gentleman and a scholar.

2 Likes

I’ve never really considered taking anything to isolate because we don’t really consider it to be a useful medicine compared to more complete extracts- I’m trying to learn the process and economics of it now as I’ve been asked to

My companies brand holds focus on producing very high quality “crude” that maintains as much of the plants phytoconstituient profile as possible while also attaining high levels of clarity and cleanliness in terms of color and taste- But I work mostly with splits so if a client wants something specific made I work with them to fulfill their needs. Recently I have been asked to make THC free distillate and I am
Curious as to if anyone would help me along here.

I understand that you have to dissolve your oil in an alkane and then freeze precipitate the cbd crystals over a certain span of time- you filter the crystals off vis nutsche or Buchner. Am I missing something?

I’m sort of confused as to how the isolate production/ market works- If you can only crystallize half of the cbd in any given kilo do you then blend the mother liquor back into crude in order to recover some of the other half? Am I missing something? How do you use the other 50%?

6 Likes

I was just wondering this on my drive home tonight.

1 Like

Agreed on isolate, an inferior product that isn’t worth our time to produce. Full spectrum crude, broad spectrum distillate and T-free distillate are where it’s at.

3 Likes

Isolate retains value because people struggle to figure out how to remove thc without dilution and with dilution you will need to add in isolate to make it a more useful and sellable product.

5 Likes

Some one who knows how to look for this type of information can find it if they have the time. Right off the bat, it’s either some sort of bronsted acid or something that forces a leaving group onto the correct carbon for elimination into d10. I would try a peroxide.

10 Likes

Indeed, and all because current legislation is way behind the marketplace. I just had a discussion yesterday with representatives from our law firm that are busy working in D.C. with the USDA and FDA. The interstate commerce gaps we have are well known in the industry but federal agencies and legislators don’t really have this problem on their radar yet. From what our law firm tells us, it would take legislative action to make provisions for interstate commerce for wholesale products that are over .3%. From there the requisite federal agencies could make policy. But to get to that legislation would take lobbying dollars and I’m not sure that we’re united enough as an industry for that yet. There are lots of efforts to have trade organizations for hemp but I’m not sure how effective any of them are yet.

3 Likes

@Shadownaught can get you what you need in your pot flask to isomerize D9 although typically it’s used just to get to D8. Lots of folks myself included have made D10 unintentionally before too. There are more than a few threads on it here. However, since there is pretty much zero research on the effects of D10 I have made the decision to not sell that as a part of any product. Heck, the test labs don’t even have standards for it yet!

3 Likes

I signed am NDA I cant release the catalyst yet. Eventually they said theyll let me.

3 Likes

That’s what I’m checking out, from what I’ve seen it might only effect thc and if that’s the case then it would work with cbd

3 Likes

Nope, you’re wrong. If I said what it was youd have an epiphany. Acids cause d8, this recarbs in the flask upon distillation. Use t41 and you’ll get some d10 but you’ll also get a ton of side reactions.

4 Likes