Hi there, new to diamonds and some questions

Iv make some diamonds with dry trim in a mason jar, i didnt had a large amount so i decide to purge the sauce and the diamonds together. But after a week of purge at 85f i was still getting bubble poppin…
So in wondering if im doing it right, i just let the pump run all the time. Anyway, was still a couple bubble poppin when i collected it. Now, the terps sauce portion is not really liquid, its thick at room temp and not flowing if i move the glass jar, so my second question is why my terps sauce is that thick ? Last observation, if i look my diamonds with lights, those diamonds have some blue hues to them… Why ? Is it contaminated ?

You really need a centrifuge to get good separation of the sauce, and diamonds. You can probably find 1 on eBay cheap, or CL. After you separate it, then you purge it. Your sauce is drying up because you are losing your most aromatic terps when you’re purging. The lighter terps are flowing right off in that vacuum oven. If you do some searching you should be able to find solutions for all your issues.

1 Like

When u ran the pump forever u stole terps making it thicker

Also use a jacket column w dry ice frozen everything from solvent to material then the jacket loaded.w dry ice

U pour the terps off once growth stopsm…let sir in back -20 hg on 80f for few days…let pump get to -20 shut it off flip afterntwelve hrs…w sauce the bubbles will never stop that’s terps bubbling if really terpy

6 Likes

Also if u didn’t run cold enough that’s why they thicker

Yeah when you leave it in the vacuum oven to purge for a week, most of the Terps are going boil off. So you are just cooking off whatever amount of residual solvent was in there, along with the terpenes, which is making it thicker and thicker.
The cannabinoid potency is higher now, I’m sure. Flavor won’t be as good though.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of good information here. Happy reading!

4 Likes