Hhc

I’m sure when we slow the retention time down on our gc and get a standard we can quantify it better. We just wanted to see what it looked like on our gc. We are just playing around!

I did find it interesting no other cannabinoids were found after that HHC/D8 peak. A few little bumps right before and after cbd but after the huge peak that’s being seen as D8. There isn’t a bump on the graph.

2 Likes

Edited

Edited

In the absence of a standard you could infer if that peak is d8 or (or cyclohexene vs cyclohexane) using Baeyer test. Probably cheap enough to try. Should go from purple to colorless. Doesn’t react with aromatics so being a rusty bench chemist at this point I’d be inclined to believe it won’t react with the bottom ring. Maybe someone better versed could chime in. @roiplek @MagisterChemist @Photon_noir

1 Like

Why would a catalytic dehydrogenation reaction cause any acetylation or acylation? The reaction environment has no reagents that would cause that to happen. If anything the impurities would be unreached starting material.

4 Likes

Once again I got confused with the conversation I was having lol

I’m working on hhc and acetate right now, idk why I keep confusing the 2 even though there totally different

1 Like

Love this processes, it’s been a minute since I last responded to Future4200, in hopes to take away any stray concerns on the efficacy if Hydrogenated cannabinoids, specifically CBD, Delta 8 and Delta 9.

I personally have Hydrogenated these cannabinoids in a Parr Shaker, With Pd/C and inert with hydrogen gas. I have ran HPLC on them, in regards of potency. 95% conversion with 5% remaining of cannabinoid. Personal experience is CBD first off, does and will get you high with the affinity of both receptors in our body, CB1 & CB2 are indeed attacked. CBD giving it a very euphoric yet, sedated effect that keeps you coming back for more. no pain in my back or legs, also its a viscous oil, no smell nothing of that nature. really clean honestly.

Delta 8, very stony, Like you cant keep your eyes open and you’re constantly hungry. very weak onset but definitely strong in terms of duration and when it hits your looking at your hand asking yourself am i shaking? did i smoke TO much?

Delta 9 Thc, is the same, I feel more paranoia and that heady couch lock vibe, personal experience along with friends testimony. would be delighted to show you HPLC findings.

9 Likes

6 Likes

Wish I would have hit you up a few weeks ago while I was in Vegas. Would love to get together soon. Hope your doing well @Thedistillator

Do you have a pure sample so I can make a standard for my gc

2 Likes

For acetate cannabinoids this controlled product must be obtained to create any acetate cannabinoids, unless youre gonna be making ketene from pyrolysis acetone with a lamp, that can make acetic anhydride, I truly advise not to.

Dougs lab has a video on youtube, pretty cool to gander at.

Crazy of what we can make with chemicals.

I have no pure sample yet, just sample of cbd isolate and samples of hhc molecules l to compare yet, working on obtaining standards now. Also next is hhca

5 Likes

Also with heat ? Could you tell about H2 partial pressure ?

Interesting obsevations.
Is the hydrogenated CBD still an isolate ?

Also the d8/d9 feedstock difference. Did you use synthetic d9 ? The bypdroducts commonly found in these mixtures seems to have a notable impact on global effect

If this is for MJ rec, they are taking way more than they need because the state tells them to. According to OR, the testing lab must grab ~34g from a 15lb flower batch, and then homogenize the whole 34g. It scales down from there depending on batch size. For extracts it is similar but the sub-samples must be tested separately to verify homogeneous concentration across the batch.

But really for flower, labs usually use like 3-4g for all tests… and the remainder is chunked in the kitty litter bin on camera… or that is how it is supposed to go… dont tell that to Evio though.

For flowers from monocrops from indoor/greenhouse operations, 5g is generally enough. With outdoor material, little more variations may be sen over a large field or delays in crop time, so a larger sample would be better.

Larger samples are prefered in case of heterogeneous material, made of ground flower/leaves mixed with pieces of stems.

Right, there is alot of variation expected across a flower batch. That is why the state mandates random sub-sampling of a batch and then homogenization of those sub-samples (ie 34g homogenized for a 15lb batch). Then the lab would use 3-4g of that homogenized sample.

So you are in effect averaging the variation over 34g of flower, but still using just 3-4g for the actual testing. In this way you can use smaller prep amounts (for the sake of throughput) while still getting results that represent the batch as a whole (or as close as can be expected for an inhomogenious agricultural commodity).

It appears a member here was making HHC 2 years ago

HexaHydroCannabinol and others - CannaBusiness - Future4200

1 Like

I’d imagine that was that guy from Hawaii that didn’t like me. Doctical.

i looked back and its not… i wonder who that was…

I been using it for 4 days now and I am thinking it can be used to treat addiction and other shit. I cannot go a full day without THC but when I use HHC I don’t think about THC.
I am certain I am addicted to THC. I did some research but too undereducated to understand some of the shit I dug up. Keywords were CB1 receptor, Nabul, and agonist.
I am surprised more aren’t talking about it.

3 Likes

That’s the same dude making it for Colorado chromatography labs now

You might remember him as Westly or WC15 before he deleted his account

3 Likes

Is it affecting your tolerance to regular thc in either direction?

2 Likes