HHC Naming and Possible Confusion

i have noticed this as a reoccurring trend in the hemp field generally

I also feel it hurts kca’s credibility

3 Likes

Is this possible via acid isomerization or only by full synthesis?

1 Like

Its pretty clear they were thinking. It was a shady move.

3 Likes

It might well be the case.

To CCL’s credit, they were pretty thorough in nailing down which peak was the active (9R) diastereomer and if KCA is now allowed to test the HHC of others, we may well see products appearing with increasing content of that diastereomer.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the price wouldn’t have dropped to what it has if testing was widely available to everyone.

Not like people will start paying more now all of the sudden

1 Like

Shady plus they didn’t think about the backlash that sooner or later would hit them and now has.

1 Like

It’s one of the products you get when you attempt intramolecular elimination of HCl from 9-chloro-HHC.

9β affords d9, while 9α affords exo. The former process is intramolecular, the latter is intermolecular.

Like this:

8 Likes

Short term gain, long term pain.

6 Likes

any plans to add platinum/palladium to the metals testing for HHC?

Remember, it’s usually the ideas of grandeur that cost us the most in the end. We should honestly ALL be working together, and a testing lab that built it’s base they way did to just up and decide to outright not test for a cannabinoid that we’re having obviously huge problems over it’s just plain dumb…

3 Likes

I completely agree with this statement. Not allowing everyone to safely test and trying to monopolize a CRM only hurts the industry and it’s consumers.

Very well put. Glad this is changing!

#CommunityFirst
:100::100::100::100:

7 Likes

under exclusive contract only, not for the general public

1 Like

We also got our metals testing done through Galbraith. We’ll be releasing that info in the coming week/s. No shady reagent misdirection either. Pure results, no “less than” BS. And also be fully transparent that we use Pd/c. We’re coming out with full transparency because we believe that’s the right way to do business, period.

Specially in our cannabis sciences field… the only way to ensure regulators can’t (hopefully can’t) create false regs and bans with the claims of residual “un-safe” by-products… is to truly be transparent about which reagent/s and solvent/s are used and the amounts in final product.

I can say with confidence that us (Future Compounds) coming out and saying we use Pd/c isn’t giving away any IP. Exact conditions would need to be stated to threaten our methods. So the misdirection on potential reagents and byproducts is just distasteful and a clear lack of care for anything other than the mighty dollar. We won’t play that game.

Cool stuff, on another note… we have 3 cannabinoids in final nmr analysis that haven’t been produced at scale yet (at least I haven’t seen availability anywhere) which we intend to release to EVERYONE once all data and testing is concluded.
ALL data will be released as well.

#communityfirst
#datafirst
#futurecompounds

18 Likes

has anyone actually done testing for the residual acids they use for d8 conversions? All I’ve seen is pH from @qma favorite rainyforestfarms(a word doc more or less) and 3c

2 Likes

Was definitely interesting some of the industry heavy hitters that were pushing the whole pd/c is toxic and unsafe narrative.

Some of them not so long ago we’re giving pd/c the thumbs up for CBN production.

3 Likes

pretending to care about your customers is cheap, taking the steps to ensure what they consume is safe isn’t

4 Likes

Whatever happened with ion exchange? It was being talked of for a bit and I haven’t seen anything on it in a while. (But I’m not on here 24/7 like I used to be.)
Can’t sleep, here I am

1 Like

Was never my thing so I don’t honestly know

Gotcha I just figured conversions

@RockSteady was using them and I think @TheGratefulPhil