Hexane recrystallization

I have some extra 5gal containers of Hexane, 2 year old THCA just chillin and a bunch of extra time. AFAIK Hexane and Pentane are very similar, Hexane does have a higher boiling point though. Would it be possible to do recrystallization using Hexane like you would Pentane? Or not really?

I was thinking of heating up the thca + hexane in a diamond miner and putting it in an over at 156f (hexane bp), basically doing the same thing as i would with pentane just at a higher temp.

1 Like

i wouldnt fuck with Hexane like that.

just because of that high boiling point and its a nastier alkane than pentane and heptane.

2 Likes

:slightly_frowning_face: Now idk what to give for a good answer

1 Like

ah ok, tbh i have 0 experience with any of those solvents so im glad i asked. will not bother even messing with it. i just saw the BP was between pentane and heptane so i thought it might work.

the lab i took over has like 3-4 5gallon containers of hexane so I was just seeing if I could use it before buying some pentane.

thanks for the quick replies!

1 Like

You ll be decarbed by that time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But crystelization is very doable
But not recomended for diamonds deu to solvent entrapment in the crystal lattice and hexane beeing no mothers milk

5 Likes

if you have no use for it… i would see if someone would trade you solvents possibly??

worst case throw it in your car and get your Fast and Furious on haha HIGH OCTANE BABBBYYYY

4 Likes

well speaking of, if anyone wants any hexane in Portland, OR hit me up, ill basically give it away lol

do you all do any distillate or anything that would need some LLE? if so hexane is great for that.

you all could profit from taking in shitty crude or sub par distillate for super discounted prices… then use your whits and your lab experience to turn a profit possibly.

1 Like

nah. the previous lab owners planned to as theres a distillation unit and a brand new like 10-20L roto vap setup just chilling collecting dust but we have 0 intention of ever using them. we are actually going to be moving away from distillation products in general.

if anyone in portland needs some distillation stuff or a big roto vap hit me up lol or if you run a bizzybee, i got a whole room full of brand new parts and an hexapod system that is just collecting dust, ill move the stuff for dirt cheap just to get it out of here.

2 Likes

What brand and ancillary on the 20L I have a friend looking.

its the BVV setup, the whole turnkey system. its listed on their site for over 17k, im pretty sure I could move it for less than half of that and he could check it out beforehand, and if he doesnt need chiller and just wants the roto unit im sure we can cut a similar deal of like 50% of listed price. PM me if hes interested/serious

Check ur chat messages plz

Would love pricing on the equipment, interested :slight_smile:

Your local AQMD would love to talk with you :rofl:

Is the Distillation equipment still available?