hemp plastic machines

what would you recommend?

Weā€™ve spent a considerable amount of time lobbying to remove acreage restrictions and processing licenses for industrial hemp in our state that carried from the pilot programs of 2014.
The law wouldnā€™t go into effect until the end of August, but itā€™s very broad .

If I had to say the most commonly talked about biofuel additive that we hear is hemp based EtOH.
I think itā€™s a great concept, and has been created before;Not reinventing the wheelhouse.

We have the farmland infrastructure in the Midwest to supply this sort of production.
The biggest threat to this effort is the lobbyist that represent the soybean and corn growers association of your respected region.
Weā€™re very very fortunate to have the outcome that we did and hope that processors and refiners build their infrastructure here.

ehy very thanks. by now i wanna set up a facilities that make granules
with hemp fiber and pla the facilities need to process the fiber from the plant in order to have granules.i request varius quotation of the equipement machines
and i will post them as soon they answer me.
have you any advice to set up the facilities
very appreciate any input thanks

2 Likes

Had a very interesting conversation with a private label water bottler about this. He is very against hemp/ bioplastics, instead focusing on further societal change/ adoption of plastic recycling practices. Apparently a major issue that could emerge is hemp plastic getting into batches of regular plastic recycling. Could result in rendering the entire batch unusable.

Iā€™ve thought about it in terms of marketing and synergistic businesses: perhaps the byproducts of your business is the feedstock for the plastic guy, who then sells you packaging (or do it all captively). Then the consumer would probably get a kick out of hemp products being packaged in hemp packaging (paper, plastic etc.). Doubtful the cost at this point provides enough market differentiation to outperform competition on that selling point. But the only way it becomes economical is for the early adopters/ risk takers to jump in and get it going.

2 Likes

Do you know of any companies in the US selling extruders and hot mold injection equipment specifically hemp?

Hey! Any luck on finding necessary equipment and quotations?

Thanks for the info! I may play around with this at my day job, could be a fun little project.

Hey buddy, hope all is well. I was wondering if you found any info on manufacturing equipment?

Hey everyone Iā€™m new to this and I came across this thread due to my curiosity of how to bring more business to the plastic recycling/ pelletizing industry that I have been working in for over 13 years. I currently have 2 extruders running making pvc pellets out of recycled ground up pvc scrap materials from companies which have made something already. I have been wanting I to the cannabis industry for a few years now and since marijuana isnā€™t legal in my state I started looking into hemp laws. Cultivation is legal which has lead me to this thread. Iā€™m trying to research this same topic so I can bring this idea to the owner of my shop and honestly bring in a new form of business for him as well as make me some extra money for it basically being my part of the company.

1 Like

What state are you located?

Rocksteady, how is this project going? I made Spectra fiber for 6 years from HDPE and mineral oil in a spin forming operation.

1 Like

Iā€™m in Minnesota

Hey guys I talked with my boss/ owner of the company about this topic and I found out some stuff. One of the companies that we get scrap material from, to be ground up and reprocessed into pellets using an extruder, has been working with a plant based bioplastic for a while about 8 years now that I know of and they are not finding the source to get rid of it that is able to use it. I know first hand the the bioplastic and pvc do not mix well and causes problems. My boss says heā€™s sure this stuff can be done but he doesnā€™t want to invest the time or money into it. On the other hand if someone is willing to put in the time and money I can get you in contact with someone about a twin screw extruder hot cut setup that is for sale. I donā€™t now the specs on it but it is a big extruder and it is in my opinion an older machine but, you got to start somewhere right.

Iā€™d definitely recommend extrusion over spinning if both options are viable. Product denier consistency with extrusion is superior to spinning.