Hemp in a THC facility

I am located in California and am looking into a manufacturing partnership with a licensed company that has a lab and distribution license in my town.

Are hemp derived CBD products allowed to be produced in the same facility as rec THC products?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

I’m not even in CA, and the BCC has answered numerous general regulatory questions for me. I recommend just calling them directly. If you’re concerned that they may trace your call back to you, with ensuing complications, borrow someone’s phone.

2 Likes

They cannot be in same facility.

2 Likes

In Oregon we were told they can be but they then must be regulated by the same laws as the cannabis so it was an obvious no for us.

1 Like

Yeah I called the BCC it seems like a hard no

The Colorado State rules list clear regulations on how to introduce hemp products into a THC facility. Basically have to have a full panel COA by a state approved facility.

Edit: I just noticed you said “produced” hemp products in the thc space. Thats a definite no here in Colorado.

1 Like

On the phone they told me Hemp products cannot be in the same facility.

To specify by “produce” I mean just mixing and filling end products, not extracting the CBD from hemp. In a facility where THC is being extracted, and THC end products are being made.

1 Like

Right on, thanks for clarifying. Yeah, here in CO that would certainly be legal as long as you brought in the material through the proper channels and had proper COAs