Hemp growing in Ga

We are looking to get licenses for 2021 in Ga. everything I’ve read says find a buyer before starting to grow. How do I find a buyer for the plant/ flower/ etc before hand?

2 Likes

What end product(s) are you looking to produce? Smokeable flower, biomass for extraction, cigarettes, etc?

Best of luck, Georgia’s an awesome place to setup shop.

Some states will give or sell you the contact information of everyone who got a processor’s or growers license in the state.

Current thinking is biomass for extraction to
A. Get out THC content at Ga limits
B. Get our foot in door as a grower
C. Long term thinking is vertical industry from plant to product to distribution

@Autumn_Ridge_Hemp I found the processor list on state website and have emailed a few but crickets in replies

1 Like

A few seed companies offer buy back programs. Sovereign fields out of Oregon is one of those.

Go through the list of @Verified_Hemp_Lvl3 and start looking to negotiate terms on next year’s crop now…

For the love of God, have a plan in place to dry your crop.

Plan for CBD prices to be at least half what they are now (certain factors may change that, but better to plan conservatively)

Its currently typically cheaper to buy crude than it is to grow flower and process it.

I strongly suggest you consider growing more than just hemp, and the farmers I’ve seen doing the best are targeting ag tourism opposed to the ones begging for a processor to save them

4 Likes

@Future thank you. We basically have pasture land doing nothing except leased for hunting rights during hunting season. Trying to do more with it and still work our current jobs.

Hemp or cannabis?

@Ohio_Grassman_Hemp hemp. Ga hasn’t passed cannabis yet. THC content has to be 0.3% not higher

tagged wrong person. @CannaChemistry ga hasn’t passed cannabis yet Thc content has to be 0.3% or fields get destroyed

Real talk, why would you want to spend money building a lab when prices are lower than they’ve ever been?

@CannaChemistry I really don’t. I want to grow the plant and sell it down the road. And get paid for the plant

I have considered a hemp themed air bnb. People will pay to sleep in a hemp field under the stars.

2 Likes

Those prices have dropped the most