Hemp bubble

(Damnit the lab sent me the test for a different product, not my bubble, as i had thought, and meant for this thread to be about. I will update when the results do come in)

4 Likes

My results were both surprising and promising. Making bubble hash is a very poorly yielding extraction technique. But the surprising part was that the cbd seems to come out much more easy than the thc. If my math is correct, I extracted 5.5% of the cbd, but only .14% of the thc. My hemp that is usda hot makes bubble hash that is usda compliant. I only got about four grams from a pound, but didn’t spin the material in my panda. I think yield might go up if I did.

Flower:
CBD 2.78%
CBDA 10.63%
D9 .28%
THCA .33%

Bubble hash:
CBD 75.7%
CBDA ND
CBDV .29%
CBN .08%
CBC 1.17%
CBG .114%
D9 .06%
THCA .03%
THCV .04%

I looked up hemp hash online and the stuff I could find was 20% cbd. My method is cheap and low tech, bubble bags in a 5 gallon bucket of ice water, mixed with a drill and a paint spinner. I just use the 25 micron and the 225 micron bags.

At this point it seems prudent to process the rest of last year’s crop into bubble. Despite the poor efficiency, there is value in turning something that will be illegal into something legal.

My two main questions at this point are:

Why does water extract cbd so much more efficiently than thc?

Why did all my cbda get decarbed into cbd? I never heated anything.

Hopefully somebody might actually buy this stuff. It smokes very smooth. It is a hard sell, though, in that smokers want to get high on d9 and non smokers don’t want to smoke anything. I will probably try to dehydrate and grind it into a powder. It might be good for capsules.

3 Likes

I think that’s called gumby tek when you just use the 25 micron. Maybe not true…

But yea dude thats really interesting about the cbda. I wonder, is it on the biomass still? Is the cbda in the water somehow? Da fuk is going on here bruv. I may have to make some bubble tomorrow.

2 Likes

Very intersting. Have you tried kiefing tbat biomass?

1 Like

The flower I am using is a byproduct of growing for seed. I ground it with a drill and paint mixer bit, same as I use for the hash. Then before I put that material through my clipper seed cleaning machine, I bounced it in a bucket with insect screen for a bottom. Seeds don’t go through the screen and my seed cleaner then doesn’t blow as much dust into the air. So the flower itself is kind of a poor man’s kief already. I have run some over a real kief screen. It made on ok product, but it was a dusty job.

1 Like

That’s very odd that you got ND for CBDa it either didn’t get extracted or was decarbed.

1 Like

I think the data on hash are wrong.
CBD content seems way too high, there is no CBDA, and cbd:thc:cbc ratio is vety odd.
This looks more like a sort of distilste here.

1 Like

It does seem only prudent to get another test. A friend of a friend ran the first sample through her in house analytics.

1 Like

I was wondering if I could make hash from junk material I have here using my centirfug. I guess bucket tech but on a larger scale.

1 Like

Definitely would be a good idea to take samples to at least one other 3rd party lab, preferably one thats not “in-house”.