Hemp biomass in/to China?

I know that a lot of the CBD that gets tossed around tends to come from China, so I’m wondering if anyone here has the ability to source/provide some hemp (a few hundred pounds ish, depending on price) to be delivered within the Chinese mainland for R&D purposes?

2 Likes

I dont know if the american market can provide any real value to china as far as hemp, they can probably grow it cheaper than we can here.

2 Likes

Oh yeah shipping it over there would be expensive and difficult - I’m more wondering if anyone here has connections there to source within within China. My Chinese connections only extend to equipment unfortunately.

Oh your talking about running hemp out of CN?
f43705a3094e696f30c0918592e753a1--burt-reynolds-movie-quotes
Thats some smokey and the bandit $hit!:grin:

3 Likes

Nah I just don’t want to use hops for R&D and I don’t want to have a piece of equipment prototyped, shipped all the way over here, and have it not work out. I likely have a place I can do R&D work there, but sourcing hemp within China for use in China seems to actually be non trivial for some reason.

It’s got this weird “illegal because drugs are bad” thing but also a “not illegal in certain provinces/for certain companies, but you basically need to be the Chinese government to be allowed to talk to/order from the legal companies” thing going on.

Which for anyone who has done much business in China is probably not surprising in the slightest.

Maybe I’m just looking in the wrong places.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s not getting any easier with their RC market crackdown. Operating a grey market business in a country that has summary executions for people making grey market product (ketamine analogues, etc) would make me pretty nervous. Hell, there’s people being executed from labs who just have precursors and are suspected of RC manufacturing. But I guess fortune does favor the bold…

3 Likes

I hadn’t heard about that, but it definitely explains a few things.

China doesn’t allow any imports of hemp into their country; to my knowledge.

1 Like

It is my understanding that Chinese biomass genetics aren’t able to be certified (unstable?) under the .3% THC threshold.

To be absolutely clear here, you are looking for hemp biomass in China, to use in China for RnD purposes with your equipment mfg.

Right?

3 Likes

100% correct

1 Like

Id pose the question to the company you working with, just ask if they are able to aquire hemp. They may be able to handle the entire thing for you.

1 Like

Yup I already tried that route. They told me that it’s illegal in their province so they can’t. If I provide it it’s not an issue but they can’t/won’t source it.

1 Like

what is the peice of equipement you need to prototype? Is there any other things besides hops you can prototype with?

It’s an extractor. The trick is needing to work with specifically with cannabis to work out certain efficiency parameters that won’t be analogous with other biomass types.

It’s looking like it might be easiest to ship and test/tweak it in a jurisdiction where one can get hemp (or ideally drug-type cannabis) for cheap. Oregon perhaps, thankfully I’m pretty sure I know someone who can help with that.

1 Like

Could this be something that you prototype small scale here in the usa? You could have the manufacturer make a scaled up version once your idea is proven.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. Might actually be better to do a smaller one as we can do a wider range of testing without having to worry about material science/heavy things exploding at extremely high relative speeds.

1 Like

If you need any fab/machining done for your project hit me up!

4 Likes

I have a connect from my friend in China

alina@hybtco.cn

4 Likes

You can not ship biomass of hemp to China.

If you write hemp on the package, Chinese Customs will report to China-DEA, and you will be arrested directly by Police, 10days - 3 months in the jail.

If you change name of package, Customs won’t find it probably , but if they check the package. The receiver will directly more than 1 year in the jail.

I had experience about shipped 1KG biomass and 1KG crude oil to China for a pre-license hemp processor. The receiver was a PhD, has very good relationship with goverment. But still stay in police station overnight and control mobile for a month.

We want to be the first one to export biomass to China and was failed.

So , don’t try it…

2 Likes