Help with cloudy carts

So I was filling some carts and about 15 carts in, I looked back at the previous couple and they have streaks of cloudiness in them. I can’t figure out what is causing this. I used to use MCT oil as a diluent but have since moved on to “The Thickener” by Connoisseur Concentrates. I’m using run of the mill plastic syringes I got off Amazon with metal tips. I switched out tips and syringes and same shit. It seems to happen as the batch cools because it only seems to affect the last couple of carts .
I’ve been using a ratio of 10:4:1 dist./ thickener/ terpenes. Terps are from Floraplex . I have a magnetic stirring hot plate and it’s being mixed in a normal 50ml pyrex beaker.
PLEASE HELP !
Thanks

Probably worth including a link for this product . Anybody else ever used it?https://www.mrextractor.com/datasheets/the-thickener
I’m about to loose it :weary:

Plastic syringes did this to you

I think you’re right on that. They put a slight bit of oil or grease inside for some asinine reason! Maybe to make the plunger slide easier. Who the fuck knows… Uggh! I’m so pissed . Wasted distillate and carts.
If not plastic , what would you recommend i use to fill carts?

More distillate and less thickener will solve the issue.

As of late one might think no thickner/cut would be the better choice

2 Likes

Its not the tips its your plastic syringe. Pretty sure its whatever lubricant they put on the rubber seal. You can really start to see it in the carts where the syringe fully emptied. I haven’t had any issues for over a year now since switching to glass syringes and you can clean them with ethanol after and reuse indefinitely! Grainger is a good place to look.