Help with a batch of bho

I did. I’m not that newb. Maybe like an advanced newb if you will.

2 Likes

Lol I didn’t mean to offended ya. I quick posted bc when I seen that i didn’t want you to mess up twice. I was at work. I never done passisve but I know when I ran active I only needed to do it once. I let my temps stay at 88f for my shatter platter. If you’re using hotter temps you could possibly be carrying it still in the tank. What temps is your collection pod?

1 Like

No offense taken at all! My response was just a crap attempt at humor. :slight_smile:

Trust me I appreciate all and any help, including yours.

I use denatured alcohol and dry ice on my cold side and a 1000w sous vide set at 85f on the warm side.

2 Likes

Haha cool! People sometimes take what I say the wrong way. I hate messaging. It’s never been my strong point.

Are you vacuuming your loop system at all? Like having your whole system down to a negative pressure around 29.5? I thought active and passive systems both needed to be vacuumed down. This is a safety precaution and will help with not getting nuking. But I could be wrong since I’ve onky used active.

1 Like

I’m pretty good with my process. Its just the results from this specific said run, are dismal. I’ve used the same butane after said run using the same process and got beautiful golden crumble.

Yes. I do vac everything down. I vac it down while it’s chilling as I’ve been taught. I also vac down the empty keg of butane once it’s loaded in the system before i transfer back into it.

Its just simply this batch of goo…very challenging. Its maddening, but out of this will come a bunch of learning.

Have you tried vacuum a sample for while with it running?

Btw the most obvious answer if this was run 2 is no sieve water in ur gas makes most since.

1 Like

Was run 1 with brand new butane.

Runs after, with the same butane, came out perfect.

I’ll try vaccing a sample this weekend when the oven is free. It’s currently making some proper concentrate.

1 Like

That’s the great thing about process. If something is different and everything is consistent it’s easier for figuring out what’s wrong. So your process is good. It’s your material. If it’s humid at your location spread the biomass out in a closed room with a dehumidifier right before you load it. Moisture may have not frozen during the Dewax. If this doesn’t solve the problem. Than it’s been blasted with pesticides or they used a terpene enhancer. Also I didn’t state bc it happened only with one strain. Snow storm effected a batch but that was just nuking happening. Being the light brown you have im almost sure it’s moisture. A quick test. Take a a small portion of concentration and put it in a sa container and Make an oil bath at 140c. Continually mix it. You will see it bubbling and the color will be back to normal. If not than it’s a chemical in the biomass.

1 Like

If it turns back to normal color. Winterziation time :slight_smile:

I currently have this happening with some durban poison. Looks like its about to crumble or budder then goes back to sap. Older material so im assuming it started to decarb.

1 Like

Ugh. I hope not man. Client won’t be super happy.

Good times. Good times…

Well if I was the client I would be happy you are proactive to finding a solution. In this day in time. Some way some how they you can find a solution.

@Idab916 that’s not what’s happening bro its been decarbed in the oven. Is the budde/crumble been turning to wax than turning back to crumble? Or is the crumble turning straight to goo? What is your ambient temperature?

With my batch I know for fact this product has decarbed more then should have due to nature of their storage. When they gave me a fresh batch it buddered and crumbled with ease. 6 months later got a bag full that was clearly left in heat and now it gets real light when whipping then goo.

1 Like

Did you figure it out. I am having a problem with my material turning dark immediately after my pour and it is oiling out and wont crumble